Hisense U7K mini-led

Quickly scanned thru most of the reviews in other countries. Almost everywhere the panel uses across sizes is VA. Only in India they've used IPS for 65 and 75 sizes. Why Hisense Why??
Local assembly constraints most likely.

They’ve just started local assembly for these high end TVs in India. Could be yield issues for the 65 and 75.

It could also be listing issues. I remember toshiba M650 65 was also written 1000:1 contrast implying IPS but it was VA

I'm interested in 65" but the ips is a deal breaker. Missing dolby vision iq means missing sensors implying cost cutting. Panel seems diluted also if it's ips on 65/75. Any long term hisense users care to comment on after sales support? Many people bought the Toshiba Fald and U6g 2-3 years ago I guess and by now we must have a clear view on reputation.

Indian model? I highly doubt, US and UK may not be same as this.
I have the Toshiba FALD (U7980). 3 years on still going strong.

I'm interested in 65" but the ips is a deal breaker. Missing dolby vision iq means missing sensors implying cost cutting - Some snaps say dolby vision iq so maybe I'm wrong here. Panel seems diluted also if it's ips on 65/75. Any long term hisense users care to comment on after sales support? Many people bought the Toshiba Fald and U6g 2-3 years ago I guess and by now we must have a clear view on reputation.
Pricing is really sweet but specs matter otherwise many online reviews showed Sony x90l as preferred, even over the tcl qm8 and u8k without the miniled's qualitatively. Why did these ppl not give VA on 65/75 is outside my understanding.

The product page mentioned Dolby Vision IQ.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230917_123221_Amazon.jpg
    Screenshot_20230917_123221_Amazon.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 22

Ah yes, you are right. Not the Indian model.

I am actually quite keen on the 85” - but I can’t help wonder if there is a catch. That is an absurdly low price for that size - and generally, if something is too good to be true…

i think I’m okay rolling the dice on the 75 inch. Pre booked it.

I got the Mi 75Q1 two years back when it launched for 1.1L, still very happy with that. Hopeful about 75u7k being a worthy replacement

i think I’m okay rolling the dice on the 75 inch. Pre booked it.

I got the Mi 75Q1 two years back when it launched for 1.1L, still very happy with that. Hopeful about 75u7k being a worthy replacement
If you are still happy with Mi 75, why do you want to replace that?

I need a 55 inch TV for my bedroom and my budget is around 80k, although it’s not a hard limit. I’ll be using it to stream OTT content via my Nvidia Shield. I can utilise the saved money to buy a soundbar.

Should I take the plunge on this or are there better TVs to be had in this budget? Also, will this get cheaper during the sale period?

I was hoping to buy a mid range 55 inch OLED, but not sure if they’ll come around this price range.

If you are still happy with Mi 75, why do you want to replace that?
Its a 60Hz panel, hdmi 2.0 VRR, FALD but not mini-led. Q1 gets plenty bright and its a great living room TV, but its not really for gaming in my opinion. Going to put U7K in my study for gaming, so it's always free when I want to game :D

Predominantly to be used with PS5, Xbox series x and PC/RTX3080Ti.

Its a 60Hz panel, hdmi 2.0 VRR, FALD but not mini-led. Q1 gets plenty bright and its a great living room TV, but its not really for gaming in my opinion. Going to put U7K in my study for gaming, so it's always free when I want to game :D

Predominantly to be used with PS5, Xbox series x and PC/RTX3080Ti.
So, it's not a replacement as you mentioned but an addition. I was curious about replacement. :cool:

I have pre-booked both 75" & 85", hoping that 75" IPS Panel a typo error, otherwise will have to go for 85" hopefully.

Just a bit sceptical about it size being too big for daily use. Other option for me is to go for Epson 9400 projector system (Motorised retractable screen). I already have LG C1 55" OLED & TCL 55C2US for kids room, now my room is getting big for LG OLED and viewing distance will be around 14'.

@lightgamer Please suggest your inputs. For bedroom use, Youtube, Movies & Series watching (4K viewing), No games.
Don't need to spend on AVR & Speaker system as I already have Yamaha RX-V463 with Wharfedale Diamond HT package purchased more than 10 years ago and still good to go.

Thanks

Last edited:
I called Hisense today and they said the 75” TV does have an IPS panel.

Now I am so conflicted. 75” is as big as I need (viewing distance of 9’ from our recliners to the TV). I don’t mind getting the 85” but then a part of me wonders if I should just get the Sony 75X90L if it does drop to 2.1-2.2. That way, I know I am getting a really good TV that’s good enough for most of my viewing.

OTOH, given I will use this TV for 3-4 hours a week tops, I go back to the same old “maybe the Hisense is good enough”.

Ugh.

My 6yr old vutv started to act funny. Just at the right time I suppose. I've pre-booked both 55 and 65 u7k. I really want to go for 65, since my current TV is 55", but am concerned about the ips panel. Maybe I'll just toss a coin and decide.

I have pre-booked both 75" & 85", hoping that 75" IPS Panel a typo error, otherwise will have to go for 85" hopefully.

Just a bit sceptical about it size being too big for daily use. Other option for me is to go for Epson 9400 projector system (Motorised retractable screen). I already have LG C1 55" OLED & TCL 55C2US for kids room, now my room is getting big for LG OLED and viewing distance will be around 14'.

@lightgamer Please suggest your inputs. For bedroom use, Youtube, Movies & Series watching (4K viewing), No games.
Don't need to spend on AVR & Speaker system as I already have Yamaha RX-V463 with Wharfedale Diamond HT package purchased more than 10 years ago and still good to go.

Thanks
Go for the 85”. I’ve never seen anyone regret going for a bigger TV

I called Hisense today and they said the 75” TV does have an IPS panel.

Now I am so conflicted. 75” is as big as I need (viewing distance of 9’ from our recliners to the TV). I don’t mind getting the 85” but then a part of me wonders if I should just get the Sony 75X90L if it does drop to 2.1-2.2. That way, I know I am getting a really good TV that’s good enough for most of my viewing.

OTOH, given I will use this TV for 3-4 hours a week tops, I go back to the same old “maybe the Hisense is good enough”.

Ugh.
Did you ask about the 85 as well?
I wasn’t in any mood to change TVs but this is too damn tempting to skip :)

Did you ask about the 85 as well?
I wasn’t in any mood to change TVs but this is too damn tempting to skip :)

I didn’t not - that is marked as VA and is consistent with the rest of their line worldwide (plus, I figure if it isn’t VA, that’s grounds for a return).

Although I don’t need anything larger 75, max viewing distance is 10ft. I’m now contemplating getting getting 85 inch since it has the VA panel. @lightgamer do you guys reckon the VA panel will be significantly better than the IPS?

I didn’t not - that is marked as VA and is consistent with the rest of their line worldwide (plus, I figure if it isn’t VA, that’s grounds for a return).
ah, so the amazon listing says that?
GUess i must have missed it.. time to trawl the listing again :)

Although I don’t need anything larger 75, max viewing distance is 10ft. I’m now contemplating getting getting 85 inch since it has the VA panel. @lightgamer do you guys reckon the VA panel will be significantly better than the IPS?
VA panel has more contrast ratio means more colours, whereas IPS Panel is more brighter than VA. If you can control light in the room then VA is definitely better.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back