Hisense U7K mini-led

VA panel has more contrast ratio means more colours, whereas IPS Panel is more brighter than VA. If you can control light in the room then VA is definitely better.
need more contrast not brightness, the room can get pitch dark even in the day. So I don’t need IPS.

Is the contrast level delta between IPS and VA panels subtle or very evident? Does anyone know? Haven’t owned an IPS panel ever.

Contrast ratio claimed on the product page is 4000:1 for 55, 2000:1 for 65 and 75, and 6000:1 on the 85. Going by the specs 85 should be a lot better than 75.

Ugh where will I keep the 85 inch! On top of the impending fight with the wife.

Also apparently local dimming doesn’t work with VRR for non-US units.

Last edited:
Although I don’t need anything larger 75, max viewing distance is 10ft. I’m now contemplating getting getting 85 inch since it has the VA panel. @lightgamer do you guys reckon the VA panel will be significantly better than the IPS?
If the ADS panel they’re using is indeed 2000:1, I don’t think there’s gonna be much difference tbh

Good comparison b/w VA and ADS Pro panel

Yep these ADS pro panels are really good, especially if you give them a lot of zones. The native contrast is 2000:1 v/s 1000:1 for IPS and they have good viewing angles and better response times.

I don't think it's a negative for this TV. I'm more worried about the actual brightness performance.

Has anyone tried Hisense before? I'm in market for 55", price for Mini LED panel and 4 year warranty looks very tempting. But there are lots of threads of reddit who complain about poor panels outside US. Is it worth the gamble?

My first choice is LG G3, but I will shifting house shortly. In recent relocation my old TV was damaged, so worried about relocating these delicate TVs (I know I'm overthinking, If I retain original packing I should be fine, but still...). So wanted to see if I can buy affordable one and upgrade it 2-3 years down the line. And there the OLED war between LG and Samsung is just getting started, so I betting on huge improvements (Like G2 to G3) in 2-3 years.

Has anyone tried Hisense before? I'm in market for 55", price for Mini LED panel and 4 year warranty looks very tempting. But there are lots of threads of reddit who complain about poor panels outside US. Is it worth the gamble?

My first choice is LG G3, but I will shifting house shortly. In recent relocation my old TV was damaged, so worried about relocating these delicate TVs (I know I'm overthinking, If I retain original packing I should be fine, but still...). So wanted to see if I can buy affordable one and upgrade it 2-3 years down the line. And there the OLED war between LG and Samsung is just getting started, so I betting on huge improvements (Like G2 to G3) in 2-3 years.
Well I've been using Hisense u6g since 1 and half years. It has a great PQ. True Blacks with great contrast too. I also have an MI Q1 75 Inches and it's almost on par. I pre-Booked Hisense U7k 85 Inch the moment it was released.

I have their Toshiba U7980 (same as Hisense U6F) and it has worked well for 3 years now, still going strong.

Real value for money. The only regret I have is getting the 55 instead of 65.

I have pre-booked the U7K 85”

Yep these ADS pro panels are really good, especially if you give them a lot of zones. The native contrast is 2000:1 v/s 1000:1 for IPS and they have good viewing angles and better response times.

I don't think it's a negative for this TV. I'm more worried about the actual brightness performance.
ADS pro looks good. But will we get these same panels here? Hoping that 2000:1 contrast listing is accurate.

I have also pre-booked the 85". Apparently U7K/U8K also uses Mediatek Pentonic chip and is the only TV other than LG OLED that can do DV 120 currently (Sony A95L will aslo use Pentonic chip).

Ideally the US and EU version panel should also be same as Vincent's UK version and Rtings US version review for U8K shows similar readings.

A thing to note is U7K AND U8K 85" both have same zone count 1296. I would have actually preferred ADS pro panel at such size and zone count as it would have helped with color shift induced by varying viewing angle on account of large screen size

Has anybody tried to prebook Hisense u7k on Monday 18th?
I had clicked on pre-book but the money didn't get deducted but the product page shows pre-booked.
I didn't get any prebooking confirmation or any email notification.
product page 75.png

I believe it is not prebooked but still shows under my prebookings. I spoke with Amazon but they have no clue about after the obvious attempts to explain such issue.
prebooking page.png

Even cancellation doesn't work. I thought may be I can cancel the prebooking and do it again.
prebooking page cancel prt.png

If there is no prebooking confirmation, we will have to buy the tv when it is released and without prebooking benefits ; offcourse Amazon will deny if there was any issue with prebooking. Even now they don't understand the issue' forget when the product is released.

If anybody else is facing similar issue, please feel free to connect with me. Please join our telegram group (already 38+)for direct connect or purchase quesitons.

I have pre-booked the 55” one. I have two Hisense TVs (Tornado-2 years and U6G-1 year) and they both have been working well without an issue.

While most of the chatter here is around the 75” and 85” models, any views on how the specs on the 55” stack up?

if anybody wondering about prebook confirmation, look at the Pay balance / transaction page. I had some money left on my wallet. and its deducted from there.
1695356397231.png

Rting review open for public

hits 935 nits @ 25% in HDR, 690 nits @ 25% SDR, peak and sustained not too different, all other window sizes are lower.\\

this level of brightness is low right, or am I reading it wrong?

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back