Suggest the best VFM 75" TV to buy this sale season

Vu masterpiece glo 75 is around 1.25l now. In the sale it might fall further. It's fald and 800 nits brightness. I belive it's a rebadged hisense.

Vu masterpiece glo 75 is around 1.25l now. In the sale it might fall further. It's fald and 800 nits brightness. I belive it's a rebadged hisense.

Anyone have one or have any idea how this compares to Samsung/Sony? I am sure it isnt as good, but if it is close enough, i might just jump on this instead.

looking at some 75" options.

is the Sony X82L a india specific model ? not able to see it launched in any other country.

would it be comparable to the x80k or the x85k ?

looking at some 75" options.

is the Sony X82L a india specific model ? not able to see it launched in any other country.

would it be comparable to the x80k or the x85k ?
X82L looks more like a X80 model facelifted with identical specs. And at 1.65 L maybe a good price only for TV soaps, news and casual watching. Immersive movie experiences can be achieved only in their 90 series. X85 has better contrast than this maybe as a VA panel but viewing angle takes a hit.

I bought Mi QLED Q1 when it was launched. Never faced a single problem till date and it was the best decision ever. Have watched so many shows and movies on this.
It is so good that the price has slowly gone up from its launch price.

85 is best choice. Don't even think about 75 if you can fit in 85. Bada hai th behtar hai!;)
The bigger the better for young people. (On a sidenote) do you know above 65" screens, the electricity consumption is huge and goes up drastically? That has to be factored in. 85" would end up 1 lakh more in lifetime EB bill increase over a decade of usage over a 65", while a 75" would make us pay 50k more in lifetime EB bills over a 65".

The bigger the better for young people. (On a sidenote) do you know above 65" screens, the electricity consumption is huge and goes up drastically? That has to be factored in. 85" would end up 1 lakh more in lifetime EB bill increase over a decade of usage over a 65", while a 75" would make us pay 50k more in lifetime EB bills over a 65".
By that logic, you should definitely go for a 21" or 18" monitor or a 32" LCD TV for your next purchase. Imagine the electricity you will save during its lifetime.

If people can afford 85" TVs, they can afford its electricity bill.

By that logic, you should definitely go for a 21" or 18" monitor or a 32" LCD TV for your next purchase. Imagine the electricity you will save during its lifetime.

Even better, eat some peanuts (cheap protein) and imagine the show. Think of all the electricity savings

Its a sidenote comment only. Just to point out pros and cons. After getting two three bills of 15k plus the pain will be noticed.

Those savings probably got me a couple of big screen TVs ))
Your calculations are completely off.

An 85” TV consumes around 400W peak, and I’m talking about my 1000-nit FALD panel. A less bright panel will consume less.

Most of the scenes won’t be as bright. For example with SDR stuff the TV will consume 100-200W only as brightness will be 50% or less.

Taking 200W as average for 85” and 100W average for 65”, 3 hours a day of usage means 3 kWh of extra usage a month, 36 kWh a year and ~200 kWh in lifetime. That’s around 1200-2000 rupee, not 1 lakh.

TVs don’t consume that much power.

Your calculations are completely off.

An 85” TV consumes around 400W peak, and I’m talking about my 1000-nit FALD panel. A less bright panel will consume less.

Most of the scenes won’t be as bright. For example with SDR stuff the TV will consume 100-200W only as brightness will be 50% or less.

Taking 200W as average for 85” and 100W average for 65”, 3 hours a day of usage means 3 kWh of extra usage a month, 36 kWh a year and ~200 kWh in lifetime. That’s around 1200-2000 rupee, not 1 lakh.

TVs don’t consume that much power.
In 6 billing cycles(1 year of billing cycle), i had a steep increase going from 65 to 75. Theoritically i too did not believe in it. When u get your first bill post the purchase pls let me know.

In 6 billing cycles(1 year of billing cycle), i had a steep increase going from 65 to 75. Theoritically i too did not believe in it. When u get your first bill post the purchase pls let me know.
The steep increase can be due to a number of factors. Karnataka state government for example has introduced a very hefty price increase per unit which has doubled my bill lately.

Cable TV looks terrible on 75”. You need at least high bitrate 1080p channels for 75” to make sense.

If you want to watch cable, better to get 55” TV. Things will look sharper and better.
Was just scrolling through this thread. And this is one point that needs to be emphasised.
Indian cable - even those so-called HD channels - is just very poor.
My parents, bless them, for some reason refused to have a 48" and asked me to just get a 32".

Got them a Sony Oled. While the HD channels look just about right, the regular cable channels look terrible. Imagine going bigger with that source!

The only place cable shines is live motorsport, in my experience. For everything else, 'net content is far superior.

And if someone is constrained by cable, I'd suggest sticking to no bigger than 48" and bringing viewing distance closer.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back