Suggest the best VFM 75" TV to buy this sale season

buzzaro

I am looking to buy a 75" TV this Diwali.

My viewing is mainly 4K movies and OTT series. No cable TV. Not keen on OLED and out of budget anyway.
Size is important as I am coming down from 120" projector. Even 75" will be too small for me. I need to decrease my viewing distance.

FALD is attractive but I am not sure I've seen many 75 inch TV listings mentioning that.

My budget is 1-1.2 Lacs but it can be stretched if needed.

The few models that I liked are :

1. TCL 75P635 - Around 70K with discounts. Cheapest I believe and has good enough reviews.

2. Mi QLED Q1 - 1.2-.1.3 L. Most expensive in the list. QLED but is old, launched in 2021.

3. TCL 75P635 PRO - 1.2 L - Not sure how much different it is from the non-PRO model above.

4. Hisense 75A6K - 1 L. There are also listings of Hisense A6H around the same price. Again not sure if A6K is better than A6H.

Is there any new model I am missing here?

Most of my confusion is from the fact that outside of the Big3 brands, model number/naming varies a lot from what's available in US/EU and in India, and hence reputed reviews are hard to find.

Any advice and review links to other forums or sites are much appreciated.

My viewing is mainly 4K movies and OTT series. No cable TV. Not keen on OLED and out of budget anyway.
Size is important as I am coming down from 120" projector. Even 75" will be too small for me. I need to decrease my viewing distance.

FALD is attractive but I am not sure I've seen many 75 inch TV listings mentioning that.

1. TCL 75P635 - Around 70K with discounts. Cheapest I believe and has good enough reviews.

2. Mi QLED Q1 - 1.2-.1.3 L. Most expensive in the list. QLED but is old, launched in 2021.

3. TCL 75P635 PRO - 1.2 L - Not sure how much different it is from the non-PRO model above.

4. Hisense 75A6K - 1 L. There are also listings of Hisense A6H around the same price. Again not sure if A6K is better than A6H.

Most of my confusion is from the fact that outside of the Big3 brands, model number/naming varies a lot from what's available in US/EU and in India, and hence reputed reviews are hard to find.

None of these are worth the asking price.

Better stretch the budget and try to bag Sony X90 series. With haggling they can be had near 2 lacs.

At 75” you absolutely need FALD.

saw some good reviews on the x82L 75" Sony. seems it has enough brightness 400+ for good HDR.

None of these are worth the asking price.

Better stretch the budget and try to bag Sony X90 series. With haggling they can be had near 2 lacs.

At 75” you absolutely need FALD.
Please suggest any better price to value ratio if the mentioned list is not upto mark...given not everyone watches 4K movies on blu ray or plays games on PS5.

What other large TVs are better for folks watching cable TV or youtube? they dont need FALD or 120HZ and all that right?

Mi QLED Q1 should be plenty good. I had purchased it for my sister, the local dimming works pretty good favouring deeper black over shadow details so almost no blooming in 95% content. HDR peak brightness at about ~930-1000 nits does provide the required impact. And the panel was also remarkably clean with no signs of dse atleast for my unit.

The other option could be TCL C835 which I think can be had for 1.65~1.7L which will give you more dimming zones, mini-leds, HDMI 2.1 support etc

Better stretch the budget and try to bag Sony X90 series. With haggling they can be had near 2 lacs..

Is that a close out price on previous year models or would a current X90 be available in the 2L-ish range?

If it can be had for that around Diwali, I’m gonna be all over that!

Mi QLED Q1 should be plenty good. I had purchased it for my sister, the local dimming works pretty good favouring deeper black over shadow details so almost no blooming in 95% content. HDR peak brightness at about ~930-1000 nits does provide the required impact. And the panel was also remarkably clean with no signs of dse atleast for my unit.

The other option could be TCL C835 which I think can be had for 1.65~1.7L which will give you more dimming zones, mini-leds, HDMI 2.1 support etc

If they had released Q2, I would jump on it right away. Maybe a bit irrational, but it just feels wrong to pay more than its launch price for a 2-year old TV.

Considering TCL 835, but now I hear 845 might be imminent.

Please suggest any better price to value ratio if the mentioned list is not upto mark...given not everyone watches 4K movies on blu ray or plays games on PS5.

What other large TVs are better for folks watching cable TV or youtube? they dont need FALD or 120HZ and all that right?
Cable TV looks terrible on 75”. You need at least high bitrate 1080p channels for 75” to make sense.

If you want to watch cable, better to get 55” TV. Things will look sharper and better.

If they had released Q2, I would jump on it right away. Maybe a bit irrational, but it just feels wrong to pay more than its launch price for a 2-year old TV.

Considering TCL 835, but now I hear 845 might be imminent.
I don’t think the 845 is coming. Would have launched by now.

Seems like Mi, tcl etc have decided to launch only low end trash in India for cheap as people or reviewers don’t have any idea what they’re buying in the first place.

I’ll gobble up the TCL C835 when it goes on clearance like the one for C825 for 52k

Is that a close out price on previous year models or would a current X90 be available in the 2L-ish range?

If it can be had for that around Diwali, I’m gonna be all over that!
Around Diwali I definitely expect it to go around 2L for 75” X90L in group buy.

I don’t think the 845 is coming. Would have launched by now.

Seems like Mi, tcl etc have decided to launch only low end trash in India for cheap as people or reviewers don’t have any idea what they’re buying in the first place.

I’ll gobble up the TCL C835 when it goes on clearance like the one for C825 for 52k

Dude, I was searching on youtube for reviews and it seems they launched 845 and other 2023 models even in Pakistan, and we are getting this old lineup even in peak season/ cricket world cup year. WTF is wrong with these companies?

Cable TV looks terrible on 75”. You need at least high bitrate 1080p channels for 75” to make sense.

If you want to watch cable, better to get 55” TV. Things will look sharper and better.Muy mo
Mom watches Colors HD and ZEe HD and I watch Youtube mostly at 1080p....on 65 inches had no problem and the 75 inches continues the trend. No complaints.

SD channels I agree...but when you are nearly 15 feet away...better to watch even SD on 75 inches vs 55 inches..

Around Diwali I definitely expect it to go around 2L for 75” X90L in group buy.

Dang… that would be a very compelling buy, i reckon. Gonna keep my eyes peeled for the group buys.

Although if the 75” C835 comes down to 1.5L or so, i might jump on that. It is (or was) 1.88L or so on Croma’s website but not available in Bangalore - only Mumbai. So i guess also need to find it in Bangalore, i suppose.

Dang… that would be a very compelling buy, i reckon. Gonna keep my eyes peeled for the group buys.

Although if the 75” C835 comes down to 1.5L or so, i might jump on that. It is (or was) 1.88L or so on Croma’s website but not available in Bangalore - only Mumbai. So i guess also need to find it in Bangalore, i suppose.
I don’t think TCL is really concerned about selling the c835 here. They haven’t had a single rupee of discount.

Unfortunately the 75” isn’t even in stock much as well, so I don’t expect discounts unless they have to clear stock

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back