Help Needed to connect pre-outs using external amplifier

sunnyd104

I have a mini home theater room set up with a marantz 6010 (7 channel receiver). I have a 7.2 setup running on for a year which i am very satisfied with. I just bought and installed a pair of klipsch in-ceiling speakers which I want to add to my setup for atmos. As my receiver can't power 9 speakers, I need an external power amplifier to run those two speakers. I do not want to buy an expensive amplifier for the LCR channels as I am very satisfied with the performance of it right now and only need a 90-120 W power amp for the 2 speakers which are rated for 35 W each.

My question is whether the the sound quality of those speakers depend on which power amp I buy or will all the quality be handled by my marantz receiver?
Also does anyone have a amplifier suggestion which I can use?

It really depends on the budget. Crown XLS pro power amp is an excellent performer around 28 k. Emotiva is another you can look at. Used power amps can also be an option if you are open to it.
COming to sound quality, the above mentioned amps are quite decent and will not mess up the sound signature of the Marantz preamp. As long as the speakers match the rest of the setup, these amps should perform well.

It really depends on the budget. Crown XLS pro power amp is an excellent performer around 28 k. Emotiva is another you can look at. Used power amps can also be an option if you are open to it.
COming to sound quality, the above mentioned amps are quite decent and will not mess up the sound signature of the Marantz preamp. As long as the speakers match the rest of the setup, these amps should perform well.

The crown xls is a 525 W amp. I need to add a pair of Atmos setup with 35 w each. Hence looking for an amp in the 80-120 W Range. My budget is below 10k and would like to retain as much sound quality as possible from the marantz.

The atmos speakers are only for effects. Like my guruji told me once when I was shopping for atmos speakers - " unless you lie down on the floor and use them for stereo music, it won't matter which speakers you are using for atmos".

So I would share the same advise. Just get a power amp that can deliver 50 w at max. You won't need more power than this .

And the sound quality is largely decided my the preamp and then followed by the power amp. So any basic good quality power amp will not noticeably degrade the marantz sound. All the best :)

The crown xls is a 525 W amp. I need to add a pair of Atmos setup with 35 w each. Hence looking for an amp in the 80-120 W Range. My budget is below 10k and would like to retain as much sound quality as possible from the marantz.
10k for a power amp would be difficult unless you go the used route.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back