Help Needed to re-set home theatre.

pramod.goga

Hi Friends,
I am new to this forum but admire the way people are connected. I wanted some of you to help me in putting up my home theatre once again.
This is what I have: a Harmon Kardon AVR 133 with JBL starting range satellite speakers and one sub woofer. It is a good unit as far as movies are concerned. But with music, I do not get a good treble out of it and the sound is not that sharp in treble notes. The bass is excellent. I tried to add a graphic equaliser, but the problem is that the equaliser add bass to all speakers equally though it gave me a much good clarity sharpness and trebles.
Is there any way that I can manage this? I am thking of changing the speakers and go for more better ones. But people also say that Jbl is the best. But I am certainly keen on a higher end of speakers.
Another option I am exploring is changing just two sets of speakers and adding may be a more powerful set. What about a pair of floor standing? Will that combination work??
I am sorry if I sound confused, but I think thats the way it is nowadays as I have started working out the options with my system.

Thanks..

JBL makes from average to completely outstanding speakers. Their entry level sub-sat system cannot frankly be called "the best".

I hope you have not overdriven the speakers and blown the tweeters. Because otherwise JBL speakers produce adequate treble.

The 133 is not the ideal AVR to power floorstanders. And anyway you say you are satisfied with the bass. I think you would be better off with a good 5 speaker system. No point changing just 2 speakers, change atleast 3 since you would want the left, center and right speaker to have identical timbre.

If you are happy with the existing setup for movies, dont disturb and let it continue its job.

Why not set up a separate music system with a pre-owned integrated amplifier(to start with) and a good pair of speakers?

Also please mention your source for music.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back