Help needed!! With Yamaha CD-S1000 SACD player.

I have a fair bit of experience with the CD-S2000 and have heard the 1000 as well

Excellent build quality. Overall sound quality is decent - better IMO than entry level Players from marantz, nad etc. however, the pairing is better with the matching amps than otherwise. The list price is quite high and unless you get a good deal, may not be worth it.

during my auditions the yamaha cdp + amp ( same type and model ) were being offered at 50%.. yes.. 50%.. you could have a nice cdp + amp for 1 lac in toto..

the Den.. Worli.. Mumbai

mpw

How is the Yamaha cd-s2000 as a transport only? I know somebody who has this lying around desperate to sell ...

--G0bble

Its decent as a transport. Better than the entry level Nad, Marantz etc but not as good as some vintage CD players. From the Yamaha to Teac VRDS 10 is a very noticeable step up. I suspect the old Marantz players with the metal philips mechanisms may be better as well.

Help needed!!

Anyone has any experience with Yamaha CD-S1000 SACD player?

Please let me know..

I feel the 1000 & the 2000 are good cd players & are built better than anything in that price range. Sadly they never caught the audiophiles fancy & were heavily discounted. The CDS 2000 at about 50 /55 K is very difficult to beat.

Gobble I think this makes a decent transport.
There was a glitch the first lot of machines which was rectified later. I had this machine & when I swapped to the Esoteric the best offer for a 1 year old Yamaha CDS 2000 I could get was 40K so I decided to keep it & use in another set up. After the replacement of the 'leaf switch' soon after its purchase it has worked flawlessly till date.
Rgds

Thanks everyone for your inputs.....Do you think S1000 at 40k (a brand new) is a great SACD player? Or the price needs to go further down to justify the sound quality.

Thanks everyone for your inputs.....Do you think S1000 at 40k (a brand new) is a great SACD player? Or the price needs to go further down to justify the sound quality.

Buy the CDS 2000 SACD player for 55/60K brand new instead.

The sound quality is good of the cds 1000 too. Not too sure how I can answer whether its worth 40 K or thereabouts. I think its a well built , reliable machine from a very reputed Co that thought they could get back into quality 2 channel products after an age of hibernation!!!

Rgds

Buy the CDS 2000 SACD player for 55/60K brand new instead.

The sound quality is good of the cds 1000 too. Not too sure how I can answer whether its worth 40 K or thereabouts. I think its a well built , reliable machine from a very reputed Co that thought they could get back into quality 2 channel products after an age of hibernation!!!

Rgds

I heard the cds 1000 recently at the Yamaha showroom at MGF in Gurgaon (paired with the AS 1000). Could not tell why it cost so much. Given that the showroom was acoustically treated even a lesser cd player there produced a quality that was not much different.I am increasingly leaning towards a belief that high end audio does not necessarily signify better sound. It simply means more cost. Just my personal opinion and not intended produce any debate in this forum.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back