Help needed

Rameshrao

Hi all

I have my audio setup as following:

Marantz CD Player CD7300
Marantz Integrated Power Amplifier PM 17 mK II
Dynaudio Audience 82 Speakers

I would like to enhance the quality as the Dynaudio speakers are of 4 ohms and 300 watts and Marantz amp barely supplies 100 watts at 4 ohms. I would like to invite suggestions with proper technical justifications and valuable experience on what I can do.

Regards
H Ramesh Rao

Your Marantz amp is the weak link in your audio system.

Being recently familiar with Dynaudio speakers, I know one characteristic that is common to all of their products. These loudspeakers like good quality power . I mean the power that only comes from high-current, high-damping factor amplifiers. With less-capable amps, Dynaudio speakers are still good, but unmoving. With better amps they come alive, reproducing the music with fullness and relentless drive.

You probably need a more high current amp like the PLINUS 9200 INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER to really get your speakers to sing!

Hi ,

The 300 watts is the power that your speakers can handle, it doesn't mean that you need 300 watts to drive it. You would be fine if your amp delivers slightly more than 100 watts. You could either buy a power amp that gives you 150watts per channel or a new integrated which gives you 100+watts.

There are lots of brands but find a one which suits your taste/style/purse and before you buy try it with your speakers.

cheers

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back