Help on controlling Kodi using Alexa or Google home

arnprasad

Hi.I had posted earlier as well when I tried to follow Paul Hibbert's earlier video on controlling Kodi using smart home features. Either i was doing something wrong or may be the fact that Alexa wasnt officially introduced in India screwed that up. Good thing is that Paul posted a new video recently. In the below video..I could follow all of the tasks till he logs into the Amazon Developer portal. Creating skills takes me to a different screen than what he is looking at. I remember Sammy saying that controlling kodi with alexa wasnt the best thing. I didnt want to buy harmony hardware to do that and hence looking for a way out

Any help on either helping me complete the tasks in the below video or any other way to control my kodi with voice commands will be very helpful. I also have a google mini and hence controlling using google home will also be useful. There is a github page on kodi/google home..will try that later tonight. any other cheap/free toolkit to achieve the same results will also be welcome.

Thanks in advance for all your help

https://github.com/OmerTu/GoogleHomeKodi - this one i will try later tonight ..hope non techy folks can find their way around this page.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back