Help - Optical OUT to AV Multi IN Interface Cable

sriram_mdu

Hi,

I would like to know whether any interfacing cable is available for "Optical Out to AV In" in the UK market? I have a SONY AV Reciever which does have only 5.1 descrete AV IN and there is no Optical IN.

If I could buy a DVD player with Optical Out (If it doesn't have 6 descrete AV outputs), I can use an interfacing cable that connects the DVD player with Optical Out and other end contains 6 descrete AV out which connect my AV reciever.

If any such interfacing cable is available in the market, kindly post your reply.

Thanks in advance,
Sriram,
Bangalore, INDIA.

Most of the the DVDPs now-a-days have 5.1 out, you need to get 3 pairs of good quality RCA cables, rather than a Optical-RCA converter.

In fact, you need a pre-processor to do this if you really want a Optical-RCA converter...

Hi,

I would like to know whether any interfacing cable is available for "Optical Out to AV In" in the UK market? I have a SONY AV Reciever which does have only 5.1 descrete AV IN and there is no Optical IN.

If I could buy a DVD player with Optical Out (If it doesn't have 6 descrete AV outputs), I can use an interfacing cable that connects the DVD player with Optical Out and other end contains 6 descrete AV out which connect my AV reciever.

If any such interfacing cable is available in the market, kindly post your reply.

Thanks in advance,
Sriram,
Bangalore, INDIA.

1) Is your av receiver has Co -axial input ? Or are you using old Dolby pro logic receivers??
2)I do not think such cable exists - Optical out sends data and you require Decoder to decode data in Dalby Pro Logic o\r DTS -now a DD/DTS pre amp can do that but it will be too expensive
3) I can safely say that 80% of current DVD players come with onborad analougue Dolby Digital decoder and some of them have onboard analouge DTS decoder too - In fact around 4 k or less you can get such player ....

any other purpose you thought of opticalk cable?

Sriram, the 'Optical Out' as you call it is a digital signal carrier that carries multichannel coded audio.

The discreet 5.1 inputs in all AVRs expect single channel analogue signals. You cannot convert one to the other without electronics in between to decode the signals as well as do the DAC conversion. Even if someone offers you a cable converter, he is only fooling you.

Cheers

Thanks for your replies.

I will have to go for a new DVD player which has the following features.

1) On board DTS & Dolby DIGITAL Decorders (I dont have DTS decoding AV Receiver)
2) HDMI output
3) Optical Digital Output
4) 5.1 discrete RCA Output
5) Region free

:eek:hyeah:

Back