Help please...no sound from AVR

blessed

Hi experts

To begin, I am a novice and not well versed with technicalities. So please bear with me if I ask silly questions :eek:

I need some help and am hoping the experts here will help.

The Set up:
I have a sony HX850 TV and Yamaha R-671 AVR connected using a HDMI cable to the ARC sockets of both the TV and Receiver. I have the set top box of TataSky connected to the AVR using a HDMI cable. Also, I have a Philips DVD player connected to the AVR using RCA cables.

This set up works fine when I play satellite channels (TataSky) or a DVD.

The problem:
I down loaded a 3D movie to a USB memory stick and connected the memory stick to the TV USB port. When I play the movie on the USB stick, I can see the video on the TV but there is no audio playing through the AVR and connected speakers. When I change the TV output to TV speakers, the audio plays.

The question:
-Why is the audio not outputting from the USB to the AVR when I have the TV and AVR connected through ARC channel using HDMI cable?
-When I play the movie from the USB memory stick, the AVR displays AV4 as input, is this correct? There is nothing connected to this socket in the AVR
-Is there some setting I need to change?

I would greatly appreciate the help of the experts on this forum for their guidance and solution.

Thank you

The AVR displays AV4 when it is getting TV audio through ARC. So thats correct. default ARC audio input port is AV4.
I have checked D2H audio,YouTube audio from TV to AVR via ARC and it works. Did not check for USB though.
Did you try to turn off and on the AVR?

You can try other option such as optical or normal RCA between TV and AVR if you get the sound through AV then it seems it's not supporting ARC, as per specs of AV it doesn't look it is supporting, also you can check the audio format of 3D file which you are playing in usb if it has to do something, use media info tool to see that...

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and responses.

I believe the AVR supports ARC as per the manual. Also, the TV supports ARC for sure.

I will try to connect the AVR using optical cable and check. Also, as suggested I will see if the audio format is supported.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back