Help please

sunilk43

I am planning to set up a music system in my home.. I have shortlised Cambridge Audio DVD99

Usher s520 or B&W 685 or Mezzo 2

Can anyone suggest an entry level amplifier which sync with above mentioned speakers?

Also wanted to know which speaker sync well with which amp....

Thanks ..
Sunil

bro i;m not that much expert though but is i were you i definetly go for ushers

and for amp choose rotel or arcam

i can also suggest emotiva amp best bang for buck and cheapest too but you need to contact online coz they are online selling company
from usa

i too myself like emotiva xpa-3 with 200 watts x 3 channels and they give me 800 price (600 +200)dollars with custom and xtra xtra but i still have doubt if i can get it

I am planning to set up a music system in my home.. I have shortlised Cambridge Audio DVD99

Can anyone suggest an entry level amplifier which sync with above mentioned speakers?

Thanks ..
Sunil

Hi:

Those are really good speakers you've chosen for a 2-channel setup. The reason for you selecting DV99, i guess, is that you want the DV99 to do the duty of both video and audio to a decent level, and yes, it does. Regarding speakers, from what I've heard, Mezzo 2 would be a nice speaker and it would really gel nicely with the CA. But, the other speakers you mentioned might blow the Mezzo 2 away, so just audition all the speakers.

Since you asked for an int. amp. that syncs with all the speakers, now that's a tough one to make. My take for your setup would be something like this,

CA DV99 + CA 540/640 + Mezzo 2
CA DV99 + Marantz PM7001 + Mezzo 2
CA DV99 + NAD 355 + B&W 685

PS - I have no idea about Usher. You haven't mentioned about the budget for the int. amp.

Thanks ..
Sunil

Not knowing your budget. CA 540 or 640 (both V1 and V2) are good amps to drive the speakers. If you have a $$, you can purchase a 840 (as they are going pretty cheap) since the V2 has hit hit the market.

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for your suggestion . I am looking for an entry level set up. but a decent one.. if i go for a basic amp, in future to upgrade , i should be able to bi-amp it .....

Hi:

Those are really good speakers you've chosen for a 2-channel setup. The reason for you selecting DV99, i guess, is that you want the DV99 to do the duty of both video and audio to a decent level, and yes, it does. Regarding speakers, from what I've heard, Mezzo 2 would be a nice speaker and it would really gel nicely with the CA. But, the other speakers you mentioned might blow the Mezzo 2 away, so just audition all the speakers.

Since you asked for an int. amp. that syncs with all the speakers, now that's a tough one to make. My take for your setup would be something like this,

CA DV99 + CA 540/640 + Mezzo 2
CA DV99 + Marantz PM7001 + Mezzo 2
CA DV99 + NAD 355 + B&W 685

PS - I have no idea about Usher. You haven't mentioned about the budget for the int. amp.

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for your suggestion . I am looking for an entry level set up. but a decent one.. if i go for a basic amp, in future to upgrade , i should be able to bi-amp it .....

boss if you have not bought your speakers and are on a tight budget then I would suggest the NAD 326 (24-25k) along with psb 15 BS.

BTW the CA 540 + MS mezzo would be good too but try auditioning the former. At a budget it blows away many in even in a higher priced segment.

BTW you meant biwring and not biamping right? For biamping you need two amps.....I hope you know that. (just assumed you meant biwiring)

Hi Vinod,

Hi:

Your entry-level amps could be from the following:

CA 340A
Nad 325/326 BEE
Marantz PM4001/PM6002/PM7001
Norge (Indian make)

All the above amps would really gel well with Mezzo 2. I feel the B&W and Usher are a step above the Mezzo's (IMO), so you might not do justice to them by pitting them with these budget amps (IMO).

Other good BS you can consider are-

MS 902i
Wharf Diamond 9.2

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back