Help Reqd for buying Sony Bravia

cosmoss_1974

I'm looking forward to buy a Sony BRAVIA but could not decide on which one to go. I have shortlisted 3 models :
  1. KLV-32EX600 : Edge LED / Full HD 1080
  2. KLV-32NX500 : Full HD 1080
  3. KLV-32EX500 : Full HD 1080 / Motionflow 100
Initially i went to a Samsung shop and found that the picture quality of LED is much much better than LCD CCFL. But as i have a soft corner towards Sony I went to a Sony dealer and could not find much difference between LED and CCFL. I asked them to play some media through Blu Ray, but there also could not notice much difference. Hence i'm now totally confused, ... which way to go, Can anybody tell me why there is so much difference in Samsung and not in Sony ? i maybe wrong also....
But now can anybody help me in choosing from the above 3 models of Sony ? I have got a Tata Sky HD connection for which i want a LCD.

Its not clear what are your requirements.
I would say EX400 which is full HD is good enough. currently available for 39k in bangalore

I'm looking forward to buy a Sony BRAVIA but could not decide on which one to go. I have shortlisted 3 models :
  1. KLV-32EX600 : Edge LED / Full HD 1080
  2. KLV-32NX500 : Full HD 1080
  3. KLV-32EX500 : Full HD 1080 / Motionflow 100
Initially i went to a Samsung shop and found that the picture quality of LED is much much better than LCD CCFL. But as i have a soft corner towards Sony I went to a Sony dealer and could not find much difference between LED and CCFL. I asked them to play some media through Blu Ray, but there also could not notice much difference. Hence i'm now totally confused, ... which way to go, Can anybody tell me why there is so much difference in Samsung and not in Sony ? i maybe wrong also....
But now can anybody help me in choosing from the above 3 models of Sony ? I have got a Tata Sky HD connection for which i want a LCD.

Pl go for EX500 as it has motionflow which will be helpful for watching sports and fast action scenes. :)

Also, I have reservations about NX500 series as it has a glass panel in front which reflects a lot of light and is distracting.

Yes I also could not find much difference between LED-lit and CCFL TVs.

Below 42inch, we cannot make out difference between hd ready & hd. I suggest that you also compare sony 32ex300 with the models you have shortlisted and then take a call.

manoj

Basis of my personal experience there exists not much or minimal difference between Sony & other brands. I wouls suggest you go for a VFM (LG) decision as in 32" not much of difference in terms of picture quality & features offered by different manufacturers.

Rest is upto your personal opinion & preference.

Well from what i have been seeing the samsung LED lcds have a more agrresive dynamic contrast,further more if you read the some pro reviews they add the samsung led range have undefeatable dimming ,which dims with higher content of black.

The sonys on the other hand dim only when the screen is showing a blank screen for a few seconds,to save power.

To your main question i would go with EX500 ,for the price of the 32" EX600 you can get a 40" EX500 in the grey market was 55k around 2 months ago.

So based on the valuable inputs you all have provided, shall I go for KLV-32EX500 or KLV-32EX400 ? the only difference I find is that of Motion Flow 100Hz in KLV-32EX500. Is there any difference in looks ? Or do you suggest any other model ?
Requirement:
  1. Good Picture Quality for my Tata Sky HD or say from Blu Ray
  2. Good sound quality
  3. Play Movie / Picture viewer from USB (may not support all format)
  4. After sales support
  5. product reliability
  6. Budget - Rs. 55000/- (max)

At that budget, why not go in for a larger screen, say 42 inches. They are well within your budget.
Regarding sound quality, if you want good sound quality from the TV then nothing comes even close to the LG Jazz Theatre series.
Don't know about other brands but LG after sales support is really good.
As far as good picture quality from TATA SKY HD and BluRay are concerned, even average performing TV will give you good PQ, since the signal quality is so good. It is only when you compare the TVs at the store that you will see any difference. At home you should be satisfied.
Regarding USB support.... most 2010 models of all brands have USB slots. However only a few will be able to play the .mkv format.

Guys, I have a similar problem. I am planning to buy an LCD tv and am inclined to go for a Sony Bravia. My requirement is a 32 inch tv and I plan to install an HD set top box (Tata Sky, Airtel?) and also use it for gaming with my PS3.

I have shortlisted 2 models. KLV32EX300 and KLV32EX400. From what little I know, the only difference between these 2 models is that one (EX400) is a Full HD model and the other (EX300) is not. And the price difference is around 7000.

My question is,

Does buying a Full HD TV really make a difference over a HD Ready TV considering the price difference?

I watched both TVs side by side at the showroom and could not find much difference. I like the appeal of a 'Full HD' TV though:eek:hyeah:

Guys, I have a similar problem. I am planning to buy an LCD tv and am inclined to go for a Sony Bravia. My requirement is a 32 inch tv and I plan to install an HD set top box (Tata Sky, Airtel?) and also use it for gaming with my PS3.

I have shortlisted 2 models. KLV32EX300 and KLV32EX400. From what little I know, the only difference between these 2 models is that one (EX400) is a Full HD model and the other (EX300) is not. And the price difference is around 7000.

My question is,

Does buying a Full HD TV really make a difference over a HD Ready TV considering the price difference?

I watched both TVs side by side at the showroom and could not find much difference. I like the appeal of a 'Full HD' TV though:eek:hyeah:

You like the appeal based on what... Did u try notice any difference ?

Go for a full HD if you have plans to use PS3 ...........

I have a W series 32 full hd lcd and it kicks a_ _

:cool:

Just an input/suggestion.

Don't decided VFM based on HD ready vs full HD. There are other parameters like motion / resolution, backlight, colors and blacks. I have not fully demoed anything at 32" but you should judge based on above parameters as well. You will have to live with the TV for quite some time.

I have seen EX400 and EX500 and something in BX. EX500 would be worth some extra money. Others showed tearing and struggled with motion.

You like the appeal based on what... Did u try notice any difference ?

Go for a full HD if you have plans to use PS3 ...........

I have a W series 32 full hd lcd and it kicks a_ _

:cool:

I guess it is more appealing to have a 'Full HD' sticker than a 'HD Ready' one:D. I did try to notice the difference, but could not find any. Probably, I was standing too close to notice any difference, I'm not sure.

Just an input/suggestion.

Don't decided VFM based on HD ready vs full HD. There are other parameters like motion / resolution, backlight, colors and blacks. I have not fully demoed anything at 32" but you should judge based on above parameters as well. You will have to live with the TV for quite some time.

I have seen EX400 and EX500 and something in BX. EX500 would be worth some extra money. Others showed tearing and struggled with motion.

Actually, I compared the specifications of both the models on the Sony website and the only difference was this.

Addy, websites will only list features which in no way reflect the performance of TV.

Suggest looking at Samsung C530 and C550 models in 32", 37" and 40". They all seem to be within Rs. 55,000.

Don't spend much on USB features like playing all formats. Instead get an excellent upscaling DVD players with USB features. I have a Pioneer DV-420K purchased at 4500 and worth every money spent.

To summarize:
1) Get a good display. Read reviews and specifications. Sony EX500, Samsung C550 would be good choices.
2) Get a DVD player with features that upscales very well.
3) Spent money saved on TV to get TataSky HD. They are in fact one of the reliable and best available DTH service in all matter. Don't worry about the frills.

The recommendations does not mean I am an expert and never face problems. I do as with my latest LG Plasma purchase.

Visit compareindia.in.com for best prices and use as bargaining tool.

All the best.

Last edited:
Most showrooms they play same frikkin CD in 200 tvs ask them to play some standard cable TV or carry some sample files with you and ask them to play those... I really could not make out any diff even from CRT (joke) whey they were playing the same disk (venice/greece or mostly F1) :lol:

Go for a full hd.................. go to the future :cool:

The EX300,400,500 all come with SPVA panel.
the EX500 has motionflow which is good for sports,but is disabled in game mode.

EX400 is comparable to C550A,while EX500 is comparable to C650.

Sony are have the best price vs performance if bought in the grey market the 32EX400 should cost about 30k.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back