help requested on ACER K130 repair at Chennai

diplomat

My ACER K130 suddenly stopped working just after few minutes of switching on.
After this when I power the projector, the power button glows red as usual and then turns blue after switching it on through remote.
But neither the fan runs nor the projector light comes up.
I have shown it at few places (Chennai), but of no use as they are not conversant with this small unit.
ACER authorized service center replied on phone confirming no spare parts from ACER. They just replace the unit if under warranty, or else will just attempt to diagnosis the problem at a cost. If the spare parts are required, they are helpless and need to take chance in open market.
This sounds bit silly from ACER, where spare part support is not there even if customer is ready to pay.

Any of you may please share some details on what exactly can be done for the issue or where I can approach at chennai for getting the unit repaired.

Thank you all in advance..

ACER authorized service center replied on phone confirming no spare parts from ACER.

This is sad.. Authorised service center is the only resort for reinstating it.. Even if there are spares aval, lack of skilled technician is an other reason to worry..

Anyways, i believe K130 is a DLP-LED based projector.. Not sure if you had been to JS Hi-fi electronics at guindy (behind Le Royal meridan)..

They are the authorised service center for Taga Harmony products.. But they also service AVR and projectors.. http://www.jshifiservice.com/ Contact details at the bottom of the page..

Contact person is Murugan, and you can say Elango from Tiruvallur referred here for service.. It has been more than a year, since i went there last..

I would suggest you drop in there in person, explaining your issue and get an estimate to identify the actual issue first..

Good luck.. If they are able to fix it, do share your experience here as it would help other FM from this city..

so nice of you bro, i will certainly do that and revert back on out come.
till now I tried only with Global Hi-Tech Innovations at santhome, where they could not make it.

so nice of you bro, i will certainly do that and revert back on out come.
till now I tried only with Global Hi-Tech Innovations at santhome, where they could not make it.

Most common projectors are DLP-Lamp based, which these ppl usually deal with..As with your product ,DLP-LED not sure if they can fix it..But worth trying..At least these ppl can source from open market..

the actual problem as they projected was, the unit is mini projector and too compact / complicated for them to service.
But as you advised, it is worth taking chance instead of having non working unit at home.
This unit is DLP-LED type.

just thinking of getting some economical model like EGATE 513 till I get my unit repaired / or new one ....

what is your opinion elango bro?

I think, servicing EGATE at chennai shall have no issue, being conventional model.

If I am not wrong, you also had one of the EGATE model long back....

the actual problem as they projected was, the unit is mini projector and too compact / complicated for them to service.
But as you advised, it is worth taking chance instead of having non working unit at home.
This unit is DLP-LED type.

Right.. lack of skilled technician (or) the company Acer didn't train the technician to service DLP- LED units, which is why they refrain doing it..

just thinking of getting some economical model like EGATE 513 till I get my unit repaired / or new one ....

what is your opinion elango bro?

If I am not wrong, you also had one of the EGATE model long back....

Acer K 130 to a Egate P513 is technically a downgrade in picture quality.. Acer K130, is a DLP- LED (RGB) model, where as Egate P513 is a LCD screen powered by a single white LED bulb..

Yes.. I had Egate P531 a while ago, initially when i wanted to try an in-expensive projector.. But now, moved to Xgimi H1 (DLP-LED), same as your Acer K130 with more brightness..

Unfortunately, there is no DLP-LED projector aval in India for <33K from any of the well known brands.. Egate K9 is the only one abt 33K, which will be the same as Acer K130..

i fully agree with you, ACER K130 is still in my heart with excellent black level and very good PQ even at ~ 120 inch, but as you know chances of getting life into it seems less day by day.

Egate P513 will certainly be downgrade both in terms of quality and performance, but will quench my thirst of watching movies at home till I plunge into the next unit (EPSON W05 / Benq MW526.....some WXGA model @ 40K). Like you I am also bit sensitive to lamp life issue of such models and heating of unit.

I too prefer DLP-LED unit with decent lumens, which are actually enough for movies at night. But nothing in my budget at present.

K9 from Egate @ 33K may be a risk due to service issues at chennai again.

Egate P513 will certainly be downgrade both in terms of quality and performance, but will quench my thirst of watching movies at home till I plunge into the next unit (EPSON W05 / Benq MW526.....some WXGA model @ 40K). Like you I am also bit sensitive to lamp life issue of such models and heating of unit.

Yes.. Egate P513 should do good for movie watching..

I too prefer DLP-LED unit with decent lumens, which are actually enough for movies at night. But nothing in my budget at present.

K9 from Egate @ 33K may be a risk due to service issues at chennai again.

Egate, i belive has a service center somewhere in North India.. So the incase of service issues, the customer is expected to send it to the service center thru courier.. Once fixed, they would ship it back..

replay from ACER officials on my projector repair issue, reference for all members, be careful before buying any ACER product..

Greetings from Acer…

Regret for an Inconvenience caused to you….

We have checked your case details and found Main board issue in your projector where the required model is not available, still we have tried our best to get this sourced

As the product is End of life support now, we will not be able to support you.

Thanks for your kind understanding & cooperation

Assuring our best of services always…

The unique policy of ACER in not supplying spare parts of the products sold in INDIA after warranty period, is really an eye opener for all of us. Members please take care of this attitude before buying ACER...

End of life claim for ACER K130 seems to be formatted excuse from the company to shield their policy, as the item is hardly 5 to 6 yrs old.
Any product out of warranty will be in End of LIfe catagory...

elangoas bro, pl inform all your contacts about the company and issue, so that none of them is trapped with such items from ACER.
As per the service center, if you carry the unit just on next day of warranty, the response will be exactly same.
This is how ACER does for all. In case of warranty, the item just gets replaced and beyond that you need to throw....

This is how ACER does for all. In case of warranty, the item just gets replaced and beyond that you need to throw....

Feel sad & that is defnetly not an encouraging reply from a major brand.. Just try options with open market..

Forward this e-mail to Singapore Acer office (or) asia pacific support center & request help for spare part (or) check aval there.. They might help you.. You can think decide on the cost & if it worth to fix it..

Feel sad & that is defnetly not an encouraging reply from a major brand.. Just try options with open market..

Forward this e-mail to Singapore Acer office (or) asia pacific support center & request help for spare part (or) check aval there.. They might help you.. You can think decide on the cost & if it worth to fix it..

this mail has CC for the global office also, it confirms that for INDIA they follow such policy and it is known to top level.

Open market option has been explored already with the same reply as the product belongs to ACER. Being small design, may be there are not much user in market, so remote chance of getting spares...

May be people are aware of such repair issues with ACER and I did not know before.

I am targeting Egate 513 at present, at most ML 330 for my need, let me see.

i had a similar issue with my Benq dlp projector. I called the servicing center and they sent a guy home to check it out. The tech guy opened it and cleaned it thoroughly, and claimed that dust accumulation on the DLP chip was the problem. Got it up and running after about half an hour and billed me Rs.1200, which was a deal as my fear was the bulb was dead and it would cost me over Rs.9000.
I would suggest finding someone capable and getting it serviced and checking it out. Spending Rs.1200 seems like a way better deal than tossing it in the garbage.;)

i had a similar issue with my Benq dlp projector. I called the servicing center and they sent a guy home to check it out. The tech guy opened it and cleaned it thoroughly, and claimed that dust accumulation on the DLP chip was the problem. Got it up and running after about half an hour and billed me Rs.1200, which was a deal as my fear was the bulb was dead and it would cost me over Rs.9000.
I would suggest finding someone capable and getting it serviced and checking it out. Spending Rs.1200 seems like a way better deal than tossing it in the garbage.;)
Knocked almost all the doors possible within my reach, no solution till date.
Company declared the item with main board issue, but termed as "End of Life" in six years .... For them responsibility ends...
If you go by the words of company on non-availability of spare, I doubt any one will be able to do further...

I am sure there are other technicians in Chennai who do repair projectors. The company might just be giving excuses about the board gone dead. did they check it? There are all kinds of reasons a projector might act funny, not necessarily that it is dead. I would suggest try to get it serviced by some one else. Your other option is to send it to a garbage dump anyways. Good luck.

I am sure there are other technicians in Chennai who do repair projectors. The company might just be giving excuses about the board gone dead. did they check it? There are all kinds of reasons a projector might act funny, not necessarily that it is dead. I would suggest try to get it serviced by some one else. Your other option is to send it to a garbage dump anyways. Good luck.
the unit was at authorized service outlet for 10 days as advised by ACER, more than that what customer can do?

how can i get that blulight in chennai, before i ordered new dmd chip for k330 for 7500, after installing dmd chip now the screen comes only red colour acer symbol and the picture is red colour now technician says blulight is gone. really i dont know what to do

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back