Help requested, Technics SB5000

reubensm

I've been on the look out for the SB7000A linear phase speakers from Technics, for some time now, without any luck. However came across this ad for the lower sibling of this series, the SB5000 for sale in Mumbai. Can anyone local in Mumbai be willing to check these out for me. The photos in the advert don't seem original. Planning this for a vintage system, with the Grundig V5000 amplifier.

Anyone knows the seller of these speakers? Kindly help out, thanks in advance.

technics 2 way speaker model no sb5000 - Mumbai - Home Appliances - Electronics - Ghatkopar West

Very interesting set of speakers Reuben. Did you get a chance to audition the SB7000A or even the SB5000 anytime?

I recently pulled out my very old KossFire Loudspeakers for my 2nd stereo setup. They sound quite decent now after 2-3 days of play.

I'mm sure an FM from Mumbai will help you on this.

Cheers and hope this goes well for you.

Nope, i haven't had the opportunity to audition these. The reason why the SB7000A is on my wish list is not exactly because of the sound. When I was a kid, my father used to bring home these magazines from the British Council Library, one of them had a feature on the 7000a speakers. I used to look at that feature for hours and admire the speakers. Its was like, mesmerizing. I remember my father and i used to have long discussions about these speakers and they appeared to be very appealing to him. Its the first speaker model number that I ever memorized in my life, even the hi-q international speakers that we had at home registered later. It is highly unlikely to find the SB7000a in India, so became interested when I found the 5000 (its the much smaller sibbling but nevertheless, worth a try). Personally I am not a fan of Technics speakers, owned the SB A33 and the SB A53 speakers and they were both miserabable. This is more for nostalgia's sake. Its also my last ditch effort to retain the Grundig V5000.

Last edited:
Ask for help of Mumbai FM, staying close by to ghatkoper area.
The person selling them is a dealer who has lots of ads on olx/quickr.

Ad was posted in apr'13, so check with him if he still has them.

Ask for help of Mumbai FM, staying close by to ghatkoper area.
The person selling them is a dealer who has lots of ads on olx/quickr.

Ad was posted in apr'13, so check with him if he still has them.

Thanks for the advise. My sister lives in Heeranandani but not exploring that option as she is a hi-fi illeterate :eek:hyeah: but its the last resort. On another note, if wify does not change her mind by tomorrow, I'm dropping the idea.

I have visited Ghatkopar once (went to Jeetubhais' place). I found it tedious to go and come back from Santacruz. Hiranandani to Ghatkopar will be tough as that route is all time traffic prone. I talked to the dealer, who confirmed that the speakers are still available. This place is 15mts away by bus from the Ghatkopar local railway station.

Does anybody have any experience with the dealer? I see he has a turntable for sale that I'm interested in, but I have no experience buying turntables, or with turntables in general. Any recommendations would be welcome.

I saw the Add Back to Olx :)

All the Best, Technics is not much discussed brand in Forum.Once i had chance to listen to SB series of Technics, the Mid was so pleasant and Bass was Punchy.

Later one day the one of the Horn Tweeter Died ,So my friends kept them in Store room :-(

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back