• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Help required a new HiFi system

Rega

Piyush Hundia

Hi All,

This is not only my first post but also my first try in buying an hifi system..
My Usage:-
Music (mix of all kinds) - 80%
Movies - 20%

My budget:-
Not exceeding INR 100,000, for a pair of tower speakers and an amplifier

My room size:-
An odd shape, 12*16 ft (with one side open)

I have currently auditioned Cadence Aniana speakers (pre owned but Cadence is re-selling them and guarantees the product), I liked the speakers.. But the price of the speakers is INR 65K plus min 5K for the cables... which I think would bring the total speaker cost to INR 70K

For the Amp., I liked Marantz PM6005... this is appx INR 36,000..

So the total system costs around 106,000 a little over the budget..
Also, i would be visiting Germany and Japan this Sep, I can also get stuff from there..

My queries:-

1. Considering this is my first buy, should I buy hifi worth 100K is too much or should I go in for smaller systems and understand my likes and dislikes and then upgrade?
2. Are Cadence Aniana a good buy for this price, considering that the company has stopped making them a while ago?
3. Please suggest if there are any other options for first timer (Dali Zensor 3)..

Thanks a lot,
Piyush Hundia

dheerajin

Hi All,

This is not only my first post but also my first try in buying an hifi system..
My Usage:-
Music (mix of all kinds) - 80%
Movies - 20%

My budget:-
Not exceeding INR 100,000, for a pair of tower speakers and an amplifier

My room size:-
An odd shape, 12*16 ft (with one side open)

I have currently auditioned Cadence Aniana speakers (pre owned but Cadence is re-selling them and guarantees the product), I liked the speakers.. But the price of the speakers is INR 65K plus min 5K for the cables... which I think would bring the total speaker cost to INR 70K

For the Amp., I liked Marantz PM6005... this is appx INR 36,000..

So the total system costs around 106,000 a little over the budget..
Also, i would be visiting Germany and Japan this Sep, I can also get stuff from there..

My queries:-

1. Considering this is my first buy, should I buy hifi worth 100K is too much or should I go in for smaller systems and understand my likes and dislikes and then upgrade?
2. Are Cadence Aniana a good buy for this price, considering that the company has stopped making them a while ago?
3. Please suggest if there are any other options for first timer (Dali Zensor 3)..

Thanks a lot,
Piyush Hundia

Hi Piyush,

I am in Pune too. You can meet and discuss with me since the requirement you have mentioned is somewhat complex. Movies+Music,Likes & dislikes,Lot of options to audition in mumbai & Pune. Once you are zeroed onto something that suits all your needs, then come to this forum again and ask with models shortlisted to forum members.
My mail ID is dheerajbi76@gmail.com.
Cheers
Dheeraj