Help required : Bolton 15" woofer

Pls provide Eq details, if you are using any?
No, i am not using any EQ as of now. As you rightly pointed out this one does not require much power to reach xmax. I might not go ahead with the sub plan rather a FR as the mids are so addictive, will try to get a matching pair next time.

Also the fact that 15" inch drivers designed for pro audio have a much higher sensitivity, probably you will reach xmax with just 50 watts

Instead of posting in one-liners multiple posts, I think you know that you can edit your previous posts within some time. Looks like you are posting it within 1 or 2 mins.

No, i am not using any EQ as of now. As you rightly pointed out this one does not require much power to reach xmax. I might not go ahead with the sub plan rather a FR as the mids are so addictive, will try to get a matching pair next time.
If I were you, I would have used a fullranger for mids/highs (even car fullrangers would work) and used this for bass duty only. Use active xo, maybe PLLXO for simlicity. Later on use EQ. See "FAST" designs at diyaudio.

If I were you, I would have used a fullranger for mids/highs (even car fullrangers would work) and used this for bass duty only. Use active xo, maybe PLLXO for simlicity. Later on use EQ. See "FAST" designs at diyaudio.
Thanks for the tip, will give it a try

The mid bass is addicting coz of dipole OB. Same can be heard using an FR in OB.

The Bolton must be crossed lower and used to do bass duty in this enclosure. 50 watts RMS can do the job given high senstivity of the driver.

If you do not have active XO to put before your amp, experiment with single coils between the amp and Bolton.
Depends if I find some good FRs during the next speaker hunt. I have an old Denon PMA 250 lying unused, will try to run FRs from it.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back