Help required for buying a 32 inch LCD

nikeel

I am looking to buy a 32 inch LCD TV and have a couple of queries. Ideally I would prefer a LCD TV within Rs.35k.

1. The more famous brands like Sony & Samsung don't seem to offer USB on all their models. The only Sony LCD which offers USB has a MRP of Rs.49000, though should be available at a cheaper street price. And Samsung only offers Wiselink on its LCDs which don't support videos.
I see that only LG models are offering USB on their LCDs. If I choose LG just because of its USB mode, would I be compromising on picture quality?

2. What do I need to see to ensure that my laptop can be connected to the LCD? It doesn't have a HDMI port. Out of D-sub / composite / component which connection is the preferred choice?

And lastly any suggestion for a LCD within 35k? I don't think I should require Full HD as I will be mainly using it for cable TV and a few DivX movies.

Nikeel, welcome to the club. We have discussed this topic to death so please read the other threads and use the "Search" feature please. COntinue your questions in the existing threads.

Well...OK!!! I have been through most of the threads on these forums. But I still have a couple of queries. It would be nice if someone can answer them....atleast in short.

1. Which is the cheapest Samsung in which its Wiselink can play videos and not just MP3 & JPEG ? Sorry but couldn't find this info on these forums.

2. Everyone on the forums seem propagating the Panny 42 inch plasma. Well I am still debating whether to go for 26" or 32":
Within 26", I saw the Samsung LA26B480 & preferred it over the Sony KLV26S550. Similarly within 32" I preferred the Samsung LA32B480 over the Sony KLV32S550. But these 2 Samsung models do not find much mention on the forums. So am a little hesitant. Any inputs on these Samsung models?

3. If I want to play DivX movies downloaded from the internet by connecting my laptop to the TV, would Full HD make a big difference over HD Ready?

Wud appreciate if anyone cud pls help me on this

3. If I want to play DivX movies downloaded from the internet by connecting my laptop to the TV, would Full HD make a big difference over HD Ready?

DivX for HD doesn't make any sense to me atleast, I've watched DivX videos on my 29" CRT and can find pixellation on the screen. The bitrate on DivX is supposed to be low and hence I don't think it doesn't matter over 1080p or 720p. Also if you've read through the forums 1080p for 32" can't be justified and depends on the viewing distance unless you're really sitting very close to TV.

Well...OK!!! I have been through most of the threads on these forums. But I still have a couple of queries. It would be nice if someone can answer them....atleast in short.

1. Which is the cheapest Samsung in which its Wiselink can play videos and not just MP3 & JPEG ? Sorry but couldn't find this info on these forums.

2. Everyone on the forums seem propagating the Panny 42 inch plasma. Well I am still debating whether to go for 26" or 32":
Within 26", I saw the Samsung LA26B480 & preferred it over the Sony KLV26S550. Similarly within 32" I preferred the Samsung LA32B480 over the Sony KLV32S550. But these 2 Samsung models do not find much mention on the forums. So am a little hesitant. Any inputs on these Samsung models?

1 and 2: Check this thread http://www.hifivision.com/television/4709-samsung-lab650-owners-discussion-reviews-opinion.html you have samsung-iets discussing all the features. So you can read about the latest ones in 6 series and its spec. Post u r questions and they will tell you

3. What quality of DivX did you download? If its those regular one Full HD or HD ready makes no difference. They come into picture when you play a 1080p quality movie files. BUT at 26 or 32 inch, there is not much difference even when you 1080p on a Full HD or HD ready, the difference comes from 50 and above inchers

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back