Help Required. Sony BDP S1200 to Receiver

sandeepkanchi

Hi this is my first post on HiFi. Recently I have purchased a Sony bluray player which has only HDMI and coaxial outputs. But the problem is that I have an analog receiver which doesn't have HDMI inputs. It is an 6 channel analog inputs. Can any one suggest me how to connect my bluray player to my receiver ?

Anyhow im going to use Bluray HDMI to connect my TV. So its all about Audio issue. Thanks in advance.

If your AVR has coaxial input then you need RCA digital cable to connect bluray player via coaxial out.

Thank you so much for your reply, sorry to say that it doesn't have coaxial input. currently i have an dvd player attached to my receiver. all the six outputs of dvd are connected to six inputs of receiver (Centre, SW, FR, FL, SR,SL). is there any way to connect coaxial to to these six inputs ?

Your TV supports HDMI so better you can buy an AV receiver or some other home theatre system which supports HDMI connectivity.

You have another option but it will take 5K to spend. ie: you have to buy HDMI to analogue switch which is available in ebay as well as in amazon.

This switch comes with HDMI to 5.1 analog as well as video output as HDMI.

Based on your budget go for the option.

You have another option but it will take 5K to spend. ie: you have to buy HDMI to analogue switch which is available in ebay as well as in amazon.

This switch comes with HDMI to 5.1 analog as well as video output as HDMI.

No please never gof or this switch. I bought one and it sucks besides it reduces sound quality of whatever sound comes out of it. It doesnt do what its supposed to do. avoid at all costs.

Instead u can go for the optical to analog 5.1 switch. Its still china/local item but relatively much better as compared to HDMI one. That shd solve ur problem.

All said, no offence but the best way is to change ur AVR. ur AVR is fit for the DVD players with 5.1 analog out but except for Oppo BD players, no other company makes Blu ray players with 5.1 analog outs. Either buy an Oppo at that monster budget or get this optical switch as cheap solution. I doubt any other solution exists.

Last edited:
Agree to htfan17.

Coaxial switch is cheaper than HDMI switch.

Moreover if you watch bluray movies better to buy AV Receiver.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back