Help: Sourcing Isopropyl Alcohol in Bangalore

soulforged

I use isopropyl alcohol (also called rubbing alcohol) and distilled water to clean my records. I used to get the alcohol from a doctor cousin of mine who has since then moved out of the country.

Does anybody know where I could get pure isopropyl alcohol in Bangalore? The kinds you might find in your local drug store would contain other agents (like perfuming agent) that might leave a sonic residue.

Thanks
:cheers:

Hi I am also using Isopropanol, it is available any medical equipment supplier or laboratory equipment supplier arround the cost 1ltr @ Rs-150/-.
I have prepared my own record cleaning loquid to mix isopropyl alcohol with colin(household cleaning spry) 1:2 proportions.
Remove 1 portion of colin from colin spray bottle, and fill the coline bottle with isopropanol and shake the bottle to mix both the loquids.than we can spray the liquid directly on record, and clean with soft non-lint cotton cloth.
Record will shine as a new one.

The best Iso propyl alchohol I have come across is made by a company called Qualigens. This is a division of Glaxo SmithKline. The product is called Propan - 2-OL and has a product code of 26895. I have been using this for over 5 years now. In Bangalore this should be available from:

Mr.Raghu
RAGHU CHEMICALS
28/2-20th Cross,, Cubbonpet,
Bangalore - 560002 (Karnataka) India

Phone(s) : 080-2216241

cheers

Dear Venkatcr,

any idean where to get this in Chennai ? please advise. thanks.

rgds swami

any idean where to get this in Chennai ? please advise. thanks.

I can only give you a convoluted reply.

Take the road by the side of Nilgiris RK Salai. Keep to the left. The road narrow just after HDFC Bank. Keep going on that road. A little further down it bifurcates into two roads by the side of Vivekananda College. I think there is small traffic island there.

Take the left road that goes to Mylapore. About 200-300 feet further down on that road, you will find a small shop on the right hand side. He stocks the Qualigens IsoPropyl Alcohol. I am sorry, I don't even remember the name of the shop.

Cheers

The best Iso propyl alchohol I have come across is made by a company called Qualigens. This is a division of Glaxo SmithKline. The product is called Propan - 2-OL and has a product code of 26895. I have been using this for over 5 years now. In Bangalore this should be available from:

Mr.Raghu
RAGHU CHEMICALS

cheers

hi venkatcr, there is another product made by (IIRC) aforesaid GSK division-

it is called EXTRAN - a surfactant used for cleaning laboratory glass slides- i use this for cleaning my car - works brilliant.

this should work on vinyls - well, i wonder?:)

Well, the OP asked for IsoPropyl Alcohol specifically. In terms of Vinyl maintenance there is a large number of threads where this has been discussed in detail by StevieBoy and others. I don't use Vinyls as of now.

Cheers

yes, oops, sorry! - should have stuck to isopropyl alcohol.

but not GSK though, the manufacturer is Merck.

@ all thread participants - a thousand pardons for this intrusion:)

@Suri...no issues bro. You don't need to apologize

@all others...Thanks for the leads. Please keep them coming. I would try them out over the weekend. There are a couple of new LPs I got that need some cleaning. Can't wait to spin them :)

hey soulforged,

avenue road, opposite the post office, temple side end of avenue road, there's a chemist first floor, you'll see the board. he has the stuff. good quality 99% pure. you can get a jerry can of distilled water too there.

regards

many places .... almost all mobile repair parts whole sellers
go sp road , enter the row near mx shop ... ask mobile pcb cleaner ..verify .. ask or see label .

while entering sp road ....where lott of printer repair shops are there .. one tool n supply shop that has all stuff like alcohol,hiq flux etc.

Thanks Kaushik, but would they have pure isopropyl? If its mixed with other stuff like thinners or cleaning agents, it may leave a sonic residue or worse, damage the record

Mr.Raghu
RAGHU CHEMICALS

cheers

Thanks a lot for this info ... I contacted Raghu Chemicals & am buying it tomorrow.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back