Help to choose center speaker

Anik06

Hi,

I need help in choosing centre speaker for my HT setup. Currently I have monitor audio bronze as front and want to add centre speaker. My budget is around 10 to 15k.

Also how is Boston acoustics a225c. Is it good?

Thanks for help.
Regards,
Anik

If you have Monitor Audio Bronze as front then don't think about any other brand. Monitor audio Bronze center is one of the best center speaker available for you. Little expensive ( 20K after discount) but worth for what you pay. Other than that I like the most is WD Diamond 220C ( 17K ). Boston acoustics A225 is also good option but can't compare with MA Bronze center and as suggested by many FM , front three speakers must be of same brand with same series for seamless integration between three speakers.

Hi,

I need help in choosing centre speaker for my HT setup. Currently I have monitor audio bronze as front and want to add centre speaker. My budget is around 10 to 15k.

Also how is Boston acoustics a225c. Is it good?

Thanks for help.
Regards,
Anik

It all depends on how much space you have to place or mount the center speaker....there are a variety of brands out there and most would go for the same brand to timber match the front speakers so that all GEL well in harmony and perform as expected.....

Some would experiment and try other brands due to space constraints ...example GoldenEar SuperSat 50c is a slim center speaker which was recently purchased by Celester340 .....it performs so well and hard to believe the wide range of frequencies it emits for movies etc.

Thumb rule, the Center speaker and Subwoofer are both the heart & soul of the HT setup......the rest (fronts & surrounds) are passengers just to provide occasional effects and support.....

Go for a center which has high sensitivity....88db and above...3 way if possible......which can emit maximum frequencies between 20hz and 20khz...

Audition and decide...all the best....some Youtube videos also help to an extent.

If you have Monitor Audio Bronze as front then don't think about any other brand. Monitor audio Bronze center is one of the best center speaker available for you. Little expensive ( 20K after discount) but worth for what you pay. Other than that I like the most is WD Diamond 220C ( 17K ). Boston acoustics A225 is also good option but can't compare with MA Bronze center and as suggested by many FM , front three speakers must be of same brand with same series for seamless integration between three speakers.
Had budget not the constraint, I would have certainly gone for monitor audio. I am planning for subwoofer (bic f12) so budget is limitation. Boston acoustics a225 is available at 10k. But I don't see any good review. Is it worth? Other options are Polk T30 or Tsx150c . These are available around 7k/12k. If these are not good then I can max stretch my budget for WD220c. Please give your valuable feedback. For Boston acoustics I am not sure if there is dealer in Polk. For Polk I shall try to get audition.

Hi,

Better to pair with same brand center speaker. Also check wattage is matching with your front left/right speaker.

I completely disagree. Without center channel, the dialogue isn't as good and clear in movies, especially when there's some BG music involved. And I have decent room treatment done too. But I only have budget speakers, maybe different for ppl with "true" quality, but even then I doubt.

@Anik06 :
Yes correct..You must need center channel speaker to enjoy DTS/Dolby. You also should add Sub woofer for watching movies.. (You will feel movies come alive when adding Sub). You can add surround speakers later.

Back