Help! Urgent! Dali Ikon 6 or B&W 603 s3?

Guys, actually, now I am getting a wee bit confused...
some of you are saying that the B&w's have more bass slam. Others are saying that the B&W 600 and 700 series are sliggish etc, while the dali's are lively.

What is conclusive is:
1. 45k for a 4 year old speaker is a bad deal. Hence the Dali's are a better deal
and
2. If the Dali's are demo speakers, I need to be a lil careful...

What I need to know is:
1. Are Dali Ikon 7's bright in sound? coz, the Stereophile review says they have a warmer tone. While some of the friends on Hi Fi say that the Dali 7's are rather bright. The What Hi Fi review (which I usually dont consider anything more as a good sci fi piece) seems to suggest that it has a 5 star rated balanced sound...
So, what is its sound signature?

2. Would it go well with my rotel?

-M

hi

You mean Dali 6 instead of Dali 7 that you have written.

I can make a simple suggestion :
Dali 6 are a wonderful speakers so why dont you audtion them in Mumbai at Boomarang or Sound n Vision... u will get satisfaction of hearing them before buying.

Asking how good a speaker is like asking how beautiful Bipasha or Katrina is, well one may like or may not like its a personal choice. But by consensus both are beautiful. :licklips:

Asking how good a speaker is like asking how beautiful Bipasha or Katrina is, well one may like or may not like its a personal choice. But by consensus both are beautiful. :licklips:

Well in that case how about having both; Bips & Kats ... Oops ... I mean the B&W & the DALI :eek:hyeah:

hi

well said, spidey! :)

malvai, just to add to spidey's comment: you never listen to a speaker in isolation. you're actually listening to your system as a whole. and that includes the room you're listening in.

the only way to tell if the b&w or the dali is better for you, is to test them both at home. if that's not possible, then you have to count on someone else's opinion, and that's always a bit risky. your best bet is to get an opinion from someone who's tried the rotel+dali combination.

why not try a google search with rotel, dali and b&w as the keywords? you might get lucky and find a post/review of those components together.

Guys, actually, now I am getting a wee bit confused...
some of you are saying that the B&w's have more bass slam. Others are saying that the B&W 600 and 700 series are sliggish etc, while the dali's are lively.

What is conclusive is:
1. 45k for a 4 year old speaker is a bad deal. Hence the Dali's are a better deal
and
2. If the Dali's are demo speakers, I need to be a lil careful...

What I need to know is:
1. Are Dali Ikon 7's bright in sound? coz, the Stereophile review says they have a warmer tone. While some of the friends on Hi Fi say that the Dali 7's are rather bright. The What Hi Fi review (which I usually dont consider anything more as a good sci fi piece) seems to suggest that it has a 5 star rated balanced sound...
So, what is its sound signature?

2. Would it go well with my rotel?

-M

Malvai we will all have our opinions so this confusion is bound to be there. See i dont think much of 'bips' or 'kats' really but i think Miss Priyanka Chopra is rather cute:)(chose cute over some other words that describe her better:p)

I for sure cannot call the 603s bright in any way. The Dali maybe with certain components.
If u go by internet forums (club B&W, club Rotel and the endless other HIFi sites) then the RB 1080 IS THE AMP for the B&W 600/700 series. Frankly this is bullshit, there is far better amplification and either those people have never heard any better or there is a heard mentality and one just blurts out what he/she has heard or read elsewhere. Any speaker performs better with better quality amplification.
Having said the above the RB 1080 will work with the B&W 603s, drive them more than adequately, enough control but a bit dry. Have never heard a Rotel/Dali combo so cant be sure though there is a chance that u may find the presentation a bit forward with the trebles a bit too forward in the mix. I am only guessing here.
Since u are bbay based do go to boomerang and hear the Dali. They will pair it with lots of amps (not the Rotel though) and u will get a fair idea of the sonics.
Rgds

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back