Help with a home audio network

I am not super-critical about sound for this setup - it's a desktop rig and not for critical listening. And honestly, i'd rather just get the unit now than wait for an upgrade at some point. Have emailed/messaged a few dealers - let's see what they say.

But point noted about the LPS - thanks for the advice and help so far!

Then don't worry too much about the LPS.

Keep it as an upgrade for future as it will be make a substantial difference but for now you really don't need it.

And whenever you want it just a card swipe away

Most welcome and always happy to help fellow members with my very limited experience

An at a dealer and was told that the Aries Mini is region locked ??!!

Not sure how or why that makes sense - can anyone confirm if this is true or not?

Never heard such a thing before
It's not a Blu Ray or DVD disc player which is region locked

Few FMs I know have bought the aries mini from USA and never faced such an issue

I ended up buying a Sonos. Wasn't worth the hassle or issues. The Sonos interface is probably best for building a mukti-room setup down the road anyway.

Yes Sonos is also good for your needs.
Absolutely nothing wrong with it

Congrats on your purchase

I am trying to set up an wireless home audio system that bypasses my computer (for a bunch of reason, this is a mandatory requirement).

I have a Synology NAS set up, and want advice re a device which would be able to stream the music off the NAS and give a digital out into my DAC. My requirements:
- the device should be very compact
- digital out
- have an Android or iOS app I can use to control the music

Suggestions?

I have a Google Chromecast Audio device but am not sure whether it would work in the above situation. Help appreciated :)

Is this requirement fullfilled? My question was what is your dac? Is it still the Astel Kern that is on Sale? It has USB input. Any other dac? What are input options?

Delighted to see some FM from Andaman for first time.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back