Help with a Home + Computer Theatre

kiranchitnis

Guys,

I am looking for a home theater setup for a room which is about 16x10 feet dimensions. I am looking for a setup which will support my television (read as movie) requirements + playing music off my computer located in another room. My budget is Rs. 40,000/- Could you please suggest me some good equipment here. I have just managed to google for a system in my budget and this is what I came up with:

RX-V350 supports Dolby Digital Matrix 6.1 and DTS-ES Matrix 6.1, Dolby Pro Logic II, various DSP effects and a 5-band graphic equaliser. Orbit 5.1A speakers are sleek and pack a sizeable punch for the size. The 8-inch powered subwoofer delivers 100-watt RMS. (Approx Rs 37,000)

Hi Kiran,

I don't want to sound discouraging but I would recommend you stay away from Yamaha. I made the "mistake" of buying one last year (a low-end, HTIB model) but it sounds rather bad for music (its okay for movies).

I would second the suggestion to look at Onkyo but also suggest that you look at the JBL packages which feature a Harmon/Kardon receiver with JBL speakers (jbl.rediff.com) . It may stretch your budget a bit but will serve you well in the long run.

Check out for Marantz ER 2500 HT in box qulaity DVD player, 6+1 amp with sepaker in around 38K. Good speaker which reproduce real image sound.
Whr you are located and check with any marantz people ask them opinian, if you not geting one I can help you.

Sk.

Hi Kiran,

I don't want to sound discouraging but I would recommend you stay away from Yamaha. I made the "mistake" of buying one last year (a low-end, HTIB model) but it sounds rather bad for music (its okay for movies).

I would second the suggestion to look at Onkyo but also suggest that you look at the JBL packages which feature a Harmon/Kardon receiver with JBL speakers (jbl.rediff.com) . It may stretch your budget a bit but will serve you well in the long run.

particleman is right on the money. Yamaha's have the thinnest sounds and highs are brights. They lack weight.

Onkyos are completely opposite, tight bass but dry sound.

Best HTIBs in India around INR 50K are Harman kardon/JBL systems.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back