Help with room setup in Bangalore

abhijitnath

Hi all,

I'm setting up my new Spatial Audio system (2 M3s, 2 M1s) in Bangalore- stuff just got delivered this weekend. I've set up my Magnepans before, but just wanted to check if there were any fellow FMs who are really good at this in Bangalore and would be able to help out:). We can do a listening session too, and any alcohol of your choice! (Posted this earlier in showcase your system, realised this may be a better place for it:))

Hi

Similar placement requirements as Maggies ? Would have been interesting to join in - I need to be doing something similar with Maggies, hopefully soon.

ciao
gr

Would be curious to hear the system, although definitely not an expert in setting up the system. I guess, it would help to do serious setup after 80-100 hrs of burning in. If you dont trust your ears, I can get my mic to check the measurements in your room and look at different placements, but I guess let it settle in for a couple of weeks.

Hi panditji, I had Maggies a long time ago, sold them. had 1.6s.
@sud98, these are used so should be burnt in already I think? The room is a bit tricky, large but half of it is double height and half isn't. Will also be using Audyssey for room correction but want to first get positioning absolutely right in the room without using the crutch.
@sound_cycle, sure, please do come over when you're in Bangalore next!

4 channel with phantom centre- 2 M1s, 2 M3s. I like a lot of live multichannel music (classical+jazz).

My understanding is that Audyssey is (primarily) intended for correcting multichannel systems for home theater use.
Do you intend to use an AVR (MultiEQ) for your purpose?

Not necessarily- room correction is to correct room response problems, irrespective of the number of speakers used. 2 channel purists often like to fix problems with room dampening etc, but the end goal is the same, imo. All rooms are suboptimal accoustically and in room response is far from flat as a result- how one tries to fix it is upto taste and/or philosophy.
I'm using a Denon AVR, yes- will add 4 Hypex Ncore amps to the preouts eventually.

Hi! I managed to get pretty good stereo sound just by toeing it in and adjusting distance from sidewalls. I get great slam at reference volume, but it doesn't energise the room the same way box speakers do. Am putting off level adjustments etc on the surround channels until next year:). Might add a sub, and looking to invest in a turntable soon.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back