Help with setup for new home theater.

DonCorleone

Hi everyone,

I have a room size of 350 sqft. I am confused between many brands. I have auditioned Klipsch, B&W, Pulz Audio, Yamaha, Quad. My budget is around 2 - 2.5 just for the speakers (5.1). Could you please suggest what would be the best option?

Don, never buy speakers on someone else's say so. Go and audition them and then choose the ones your ears like.

From your list (Klipsch, B&W, Pulz Audio, Yamaha, Quad), I would listen to Klipsch, B&W, and Pulz Audio). Yamaha and Quad are more famous for electronics.

Cheers

Hi everyone,

I have a room size of 350 sqft. I am confused between many brands. I have auditioned Klipsch, B&W, Pulz Audio, Yamaha, Quad. My budget is around 2 - 2.5 just for the speakers (5.1). Could you please suggest what would be the best option?

As you said that you have already auditioned them. Go with the one that you liked the most.

From my experience, just remember that B&W needs lot of power to drive them. So if you opt for B&W you will need equally powerful AVR to drive them or even better 5 monos for 5 of them. Once, I hooked my B&W DM602-S2 (that is used for stereo) to my Yamaha AVR (entry level) just to test how it sounds and it was sounding like a big joke.

After you have finalised your speakers, true to Don style make the dealer an offer he cannot refuse.

Don Corleone, i am honored and grateful that you have asked us this question. You should also tell us how you are going to put this system to use i.e. movies vs music. Klipsch are great for movies - i hear the RF 62 are terrific. Klipsch would require modest electronics to run them being high sensitive. You should also check out Jamo D600/D500 THX speakers.
And yes, once you finalize you must make him an offer he cannot refuse, while assuring him in all seriousness that either his brains or the speakers will be on the table in exactly 30 seconds :) Sorry couldn't resist, The Godfather is my all time favorite movie and one of my most favorite works of fiction.

Don't buy in rush, take you time audition them all. Wherever possible with hardware you are going to purchase.

Monitor Audio is one good option, listen to them if you get a change. Buy speaker with which you can spend coming years. It should be a love marriage not arranged :D

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back