help with stereo setup

kcnanand

Just joined this forum,
I have a Cambridge audio A1 integrated amp, Radio technika speakers, bose 2.1 channel speakers, a philips cd player, my trusty Panasonic Hi fi stereo, a samsung 5.1 channel home theater. I am planning to junk all these multiple eqpt and go for a good stereo system with cd player, amp and speakers. BUT money is always the problem. can u suggest any setup at 20 - 30K. Second hand will also do. Like my music to be warm, listen to lot of country and slow rock. any suggestions will be welcome. Know of any good Seconds dealers in Chennai?
Thanks

why do you want to sell the amp. if its in good condition then keep it. its a little low on power but am sure it'll still be good enough. you could consider the monitor audio bronze bookshelves. esp with them being 6 ohms and relatively easy to drive they could be a good match. and if the cd players in working condition too keep it

thank you afj, but u see, instead of multiple equipment, i want to keep things simple, it would be best if i have a single nice system for music.

Just joined this forum,
I have a Cambridge audio A1 integrated amp, Radio technika speakers, bose 2.1 channel speakers, a philips cd player, my trusty Panasonic Hi fi stereo, a samsung 5.1 channel home theater. I am planning to junk all these multiple eqpt and go for a good stereo system with cd player, amp and speakers. BUT money is always the problem. can u suggest any setup at 20 - 30K. Second hand will also do. Like my music to be warm, listen to lot of country and slow rock. any suggestions will be welcome. Know of any good Seconds dealers in Chennai?
Thanks

Hi:

This is what I suggest:

Option 1

CA Azur 340A SE - 13k
CA Azur 340C SE - 13k
Wharfedale Diamond 9.2 - Not sure price.

Result - Warm music. Excellent allrounder.

Dealer - Grand Cinema, Chennai.

Option 2

Marantz PM4001 - Around 13k
Marantz CD5001 - Not sure price.

Result - Warm, punchy, excellent allrounder.

Dealers - Grand Cinema and Pro Musicals, Chennai.

Apart from above, some Indian amp and cdp are also available, could be cheap also. Members here might chip in.:)

Hi:

This is what I suggest:

Option 1

CA Azur 340A SE - 13k
CA Azur 340C SE - 13k

Result - Warm music. Excellent allrounder.

Dealer - Grand Cinema, Chennai.

Option 2

Marantz PM4001 - Around 13k
Marantz CD5001 - Not sure price.

Result - Warm, punchy, excellent allrounder.

Dealers - Grand Cinema and Pro Musicals, Chennai.

Apart from above, some Indian amp and cdp are also available, could be cheap also. Members here might chip in.:)

Thank you David, Will check out soon, currently not in chennai. pls can u tell me any second hand dealer with good condition eqpt. I am not a heavy user, so may be a good quality second hand stuff for same price will do.

Hi,

vinod mentioned about Indian amps
so I am chipping in
NOrge 2060 - 7500 + shipping (around Rs 500) with remote 9k
Norge 1000 - 9000 + " with remote 9.9k

WF 9.2 is around 13.5k
Marantz CD 5001 around 12k.
I tried norge 1000 + WF 9.2 & Marantz 5001 all new . It is really great.

Last edited:
thank you afj, but u see, instead of multiple equipment, i want to keep things simple, it would be best if i have a single nice system for music.

when you say a single system you mean an all in one? cdp and amp in one? youre not going to find anything like that that sounds good like separates. the reason being that the likes of cambridge etc dont make stuff like that. i know nad does but it doesnt come too cheap. so youre better off having a separate amp and cdp.

if youre buying a new amp check out the nad over the cambridge since its warmer with fuller mids. you'll get something in the same price range as cambridge that vinod mentioned.

if you;ve got a cdp dont sell it and spend on another. spend your budget on a good pair of speakers. if kef / ma bronze is higher than what you want to spend then go for the wharfedales. similarly if your amp works well enough then keep it and spend the budget on your speakers again. it all depends what condition your amp and cdp are in

my cambridge audio A1 is 30 watts per channel into 8 oms, firstly i would like something with higher wattage, min 80 watts. room is large with open partitions.
The Diamond 9.2 is good, so speaker is decided, CD player also good, but no display, but may do for now. NOW only AMP?
Norge 2060 is 80 Watts, is it good? I like warm music, like Country and old Rock
where to get in Chennai

Last edited:
my cambridge audio A1 is 30 watts per channel into 8 oms, firstly i would like something with higher wattage, min 80 watts. room is large with open partitions.
The Diamond 9.2 is good, so speaker is decided, CD player also good, but no display, but may do for now. NOW only AMP?
Norge 2060 is 80 Watts, is it good? I like warm music, like Country and old Rock
where to get in Chennai

Given the budget and requirements NORGE makes sense. Check their MOSFET based model. MOSFETs have similar characterstics as that of Tubes.

Hi Anand,

I have recently purchased NORGE 2060, it pumps 60W rms pc at 8 ohms. The Soundstage is excellent. Its great value for Money. i am from Chennai. If u prefer u can audition it at my place.

With cheers,

N.MURALI

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back