Heritage Series speakers from Tannoy, Klipsch and Wharfedale

Gigrave

Hi, How is the experience of buying heritage series speakers being produced in the past few years by Tannoy ( Eaton, Chevio etc ) Klipsch ( Cornwall, Hersey IV), Wharfedale (denton, Linton ) as more and more brands are Catching up on this trend. Any reviews or comments would be welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

yes, kind of.. both buying and experince.
the direction is back to basics in terms of design , although technology keeps evolving for betterment in terms of efficiency and performance.

Hey, I have friends, who have been in this hobby for quite some time and they all agree uninimously that the new Klipsches and Tannoys just don’t measure up to their vintage versions. To be fair though, I doubt anything these days can measure up to the vintage classics.

That said, 7 of my friends/acquaintances located in the US, own a Forte3/Heresy3/Cornwall. Apart form the sound itself, the other reason they love the Klipsches is the high efficiency, which allows them to use class-A or tube amps. However, I got to demo the Forte3 once and it wasn’t my cup of tea.

Which brings me to my next point. The Tannoys and the Klipsches have very different presentations. The Klipsches are very forthcoming in presentation and wash you over with music. If you have been to a rock concert and have stood close to the stage, that what this feels like.

The Tannoys on the other hand, lay out the music in front of you rather than washing you over with music. It all comes down to preference though. If possible, try to demo them, particularly the Klipsches. Not everyone will like the sound of horns.

One thing I don’t like about both Klipsches and Tannoys is the use of metal tweeters. But ymmv.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back