HFV members get together from Bengaluru

chandu2106

Date of Meeting : 17-Jun-2019
Members : Kumar442244 , MaSh & Chandu2106
Equipment for Test/Audition : NAD 326 bee , ARCAM XETA ONE (Vintage Amp) & Zensor 3 Spkrs
Playing Source : Chrome-cast Audio & Pioneer BDP -180
Audio file source : CDs, FLAC & M4A
Cables : Amazon Basics , Murthy's & Gotham gac

Dear Friends ,

We have been planning for a month to meet each other and share experience & expertise. The day has happened to fall on 17th JUN at Kumar's home.
The gentleman has invited us to his home for above cause, and he has NAD 326bee and Zensor 3 speakers.

Another gentleman MaSh has come with his Murthy's cables , Gotham gac cables. And I've got my ARCAM Xeta One , Pioneer BDP & MX interconnects.

We have started with NAD + Zensor + Amzon Basics speaker cable . Played couple for songs and Zensors sounded great until MaSh has asked us to swap the cables with Murthy's one..now the actual potential came out from NAD amp. Sharp highs, wide vocals and punchy bass.
Later we replaced with Gotham gac speaker cables , these also sounded great against Murthy's one but little flat.

Then we tested with Arcam Xeta One with all three speaker cables , more or less this has too performed great.

Final credit goes to one n only ZENSOR 3 speakers , perfect for stereo music.

Both gentle man have great knowledge on music and equipment.

MaSh has also helped us in how to isolate the speakers' sitting position to get best out them. He has also shared his expertise in setting up the whole stereo and HT setup.

Moreover the myth was cleared now . Yes the high end speaker cables do makes a considerable difference in sound quality.

We have totally spent more than 4 hours to understand the stereo setup with different sources.

It was a great day and fantastic experience.

This post may boost the other FMs to meet with others to share their experiences and others to get a chance to audition with different kind of setups.

Thanks,
Chandu.

Last edited:
This indeed was a great experience. Wish we had more time.

M quite certain that get together like this can bring the music enthusiasts closer than we already are.

Thanks Mash and Chandu for the wonderful Sunday that we spent and got know to each other and understanding our devices better.

Heard the real potentials of Zensor and NAD combo. Was a treat to listen to. Now i for sure know whats the weak link in my set is.

Arcam Xeta, although being more than 20 years of age shined bright.

Eagerly waiting for more catch-ups like this.

Wow ,17th June 2019 ! You came back from the future to have this meeting ! Great ! I would certainly have liked to meet someone from the future ! Let us know in advance the next time this happens ! ;)

It was wonderful meeting Chandu and Kumar. Kumar was an excellent host. It had been so long since I had heard the Dalis and man do they sound amazing in that segment. With the Nad driving them, it sounded like a very good lively listening experience.

The difference in cables ranging from Amazon Basics, Mr. Murthys 10 gauge and Gothic gac 2 was really interesting. Seeing how either of the cables suiting an amp with same speakers was mind blowing. Mr Murthys's cables with NAD + Dali was a very very lively and exciting experience. Gothic with the same setup was a bit subdued. However, Gothic with the Arcam amp was very enjoyable and warm experience. A combination you can listen to hours together.

All in all, how 4 hours passed by, we have no idea. Definitely another meet is needed to finish what we started.

MaSh

Congratulations on the get together !!! Looks like you all enjoyed a lot.....
And it's very clear now.... Cables make a good difference too !!!!

If you read all reports carefully...."Everything" matters !:) The place, the people, the room, the equipment , the music , the cables , the liquid in the glass you are holding , the eats etc.....Can go from 'lovely' to 'mind blowing' ! Bottom line is enjoy the 'time' with others. The rest are all 'accessories' !;)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back