hi am new here need help on HT system

sardana

hi all I am from delhi and new here

I have a 50in plasma. I am looking for a speaker set up maybe 5.1/7.1 with a a/v reciever with all latest tech specs and above all which gives me great music and excellent for movies/sports.

I have a budget of 50000 to 60000 will spend extra for cables. Please suggest sources where I can pick up the brands you are going to suggest.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks a lot in advance

hi all I am from delhi and new here

I have a 50in plasma. I am looking for a speaker set up maybe 5.1/7.1 with a a/v reciever with all latest tech specs and above all which gives me great music and excellent for movies/sports.

I have a budget of 50000 to 60000 will spend extra for cables. Please suggest sources where I can pick up the brands you are going to suggest.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks a lot in advance

Hi sardana,

An integrated unit for music, movies and sports might be tough. You will need to either get separate units or compromise on the music or movies a bit. Onkyo and Yahama are great for movies. I cannot really talk about music since I have gone with Audioengine speakers for my PC where I listen to music mostly and my music collection is mainly in mp3 format.

There are very good HT Systems in Onkyo and Yamaha for the budget you have specified or you can go ahead and mix and match. You will need to audition personally since you are the best judge. You will get addresses of retailers/dealers on the internet, just Google Onkyo India etc.

thanks buddy

Suppose I were to increase my budget to 80k. And the bias was to movies/sports in the range of 60/40?

The speakers, wife wants good lookers, should sound great.

Is it too tall an order. I don't want an htib.

Can you still advise moser?

Hi Sardana,
Keepin' your budget in mind and the fact that you're a married guy and new year's comin' in no time (should spend somethin' for your wife as well :)), I would personally recommend Sony HT-DDW1600 HT Bundle which comes for a mere price of 39,990 (0% EMI schemes for 6/9/12 months are available as well).
Don't let this feelin' grow on you that these not so expensive speakers will be of poor build quality/low sounding ones. I'am using HT-DDW1500 from last 18 months and am more than just satisfied with these.
The bundle consists of 2 FSTs, 1 Centre channel, 3 surrounds and 2 subs (with a room for adding 2 more at extra cost obviously). So, you could have a 6.2 setup (or even a 6.4 by adding 2 more subs) at just around 40K (half the price you're willin' to spend).
The power of the amp is more than enough to blow yur neighbour's window. I don't have the guts to turn the master volume knob beyond 75% (you really need a strong heart to take that immense pressure coming out of those ports).
There are enough options available for tweaking the sound curves. Moreover, the system is capable of calibrating itself so regardless the size of the room you're keepin' the system into, you can always expect the optimal sound. This is something you won't find in any other system at this price.
One last point I'd like to add: The bundle comes alongwith the cables for all the speakers so gladly you'd be making a saving in this front as well. Cheers!!!
Let me know if you need the detailed spec of the system. Happy Listening :)

thanks buddy

Suppose I were to increase my budget to 80k. And the bias was to movies/sports in the range of 60/40?

The speakers, wife wants good lookers, should sound great.

Is it too tall an order. I don't want an htib.

Can you still advise moser?

For 80K I am sure you will get a very good setup. You can start with auditioning Wharfedale for speakers. A friend recently got them and they do really rock. Quite reasonably priced too considering their performance is so good. Check out the Diamond series. Check their website for Indian distributors in Delhi. Here is a link to them Designer Audio - Products. These should meet the dual criteria of looking good and sounding good too hopefully. But do audition them and take your wife along so she approves of the looks...

Coming to the AVR, I would be biased towards Yamaha and Onkyo having used them both. Onkyo TX-SR505 or TX-SR606 are excellent VFM. Ditto for Yamaha RX-V563 or the entry level RX-V363.

Another option is to go for a HT System integrated from Onkyo. These packages are listed at ONKYO SIGHT & SOUND - INDIA. The reason I would look into these would be if I can cutdown on the budget for this, I would go in for an excellent upscaling DVD player like an Oppo. An Oppo will give great quality in DVD playing and also in CD playing. Check out OPPO Digital - Up-Converting DVD Players - Buy Direct from the Manufacturer. My recommendation is to check out the HT Packages at ONKYO SIGHT & SOUND - INDIA and use the remaining budget on an Oppo. Being that the source will be good you will enjoy great sound and video for years to come especially from an Oppo.

Hope this helps.

SONY's a component HT system and not a HTiB so so worries in that area. While taking a demo of DDW1600, ask the engineer to put the DSP mode in "AFD Auto" as this'll not manipulate the original sound and does decoding based on the original source format. Also, ask for HT-DDW5000's demo. This one's a new arrival in the same price segment. Cheers!!!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back