Hi audiophiles- this is a rant against DENON support and AV STORE PUNE

Thanks. Your platform helped me to get a response at least from the dealer and he is in the process of taking back the amp. Next hurdle is to get A refund or replacement!
But i am grateful for this amazing platform (which i have enjoyed browsing through, even though im not a a hardcore audiophile- this is where I made my decision on the denon amp over the Marantz… ) - it is so full of detailed information!
Thank you for bringing it to everyone's notice and good to know that some resolution is in sight.

Ah! Glad you did reply and not send a cut and paste of the same text again on auto mode "like some other people do". Mostly such posts/replies have no context or relevance to what the OP may be refering to. Thanks once again for actually replying:)

Well I hope you have understood my response to your query! First time messages to new members in most cases would be the same and I don't see any challenge to that...most would just say "Welcome to HFV" that too can be construed as copy paste right? If you have gone through my 5k odd messages, you will not even find 2% to 5% copy paste messages which would possible be my posts to new members! I have been here long enough and do understand posts before responding back. If I don't I will not get into the thread conversation.

I bought a DENON DRA 800H amplifier/receiver online from AVSTORE in Pune who is an authorised dealer for DENON. It was shipped to me in Goa around a month ago . I set it up and soon discovered that neither the Bluetooth
I bought a DENON DRA 800H amplifier/receiver online from AVSTORE in Pune who is an authorised dealer for DENON. It was shipped to me in Goa around a month ago . I set it up and soon discovered that neither the Bluetooth nor WiFi were working and complained on 22nd October to AV STORE. They sent me to a DENON approved technician in Goa. On opening the amplifier (in front of me) he found a huge dent on the inner casing and many damaged parts inside including a broken IC. I was horrified and sent all the details and photographs to AV STORE, confident that they would recall the broken product and replace or refund. (Incidentally the outer casing was not visibly damaged and the carton it was shipped in also showed no signs of a big fall, so my logic suggests that the amp had been opened and manhandled)

One month later I am still waiting for an answer from AV STORE Pune - an answer that goes beyond “we will help you”. The sales rep who sold it doesn't pick up my calls (everytIMEAM I message him he is “busy with clients” - as does the owner Anand Lulla who totally ignores my calls and hasnt even had the professional decency to apologise for selling a bum product! it is truly distressing and shocking. Has anyone ever dealt with these guys, AVSTORE Pune before? How does one trust a dealer specially when companies like DENON have no representative here in India? What does one do? They have not even given me any clue as to what’s going on! No offer to pick up the amp, repair the piece, refund my money, replace the piece! Nothing.

if anyone has any suggestions or ideas how to get DENON to take responsibility or any other recourse please do help.

ALSO, this is a warning about dealers like AV Store Pune who sell expensive equipment without standing behind their products or supporting their customers. Please beware.

nor WiFi were working and complained on 22nd October to AV STORE. They sent me to a DENON approved technician in Goa. On opening the amplifier (in front of me) he found a huge dent on the inner casing and many damaged parts inside including a broken IC. I was horrified and sent all the details and photographs to AV STORE, confident that they would recall the broken product and replace or refund. (Incidentally the outer casing was not visibly damaged and the carton it was shipped in also showed no signs of a big fall, so my logic suggests that the amp had been opened and manhandled)

One month later I am still waiting for an answer from AV STORE Pune - an answer that goes beyond “we will help you”. The sales rep who sold it doesn't pick up my calls (everytIMEAM I message him he is “busy with clients” - as does the owner Anand Lulla who totally ignores my calls and hasnt even had the professional decency to apologise for selling a bum product! it is truly distressing and shocking. Has anyone ever dealt with these guys, AVSTORE Pune before? How does one trust a dealer specially when companies like DENON have no representative here in India? What does one do? They have not even given me any clue as to what’s going on! No offer to pick up the amp, repair the piece, refund my money, replace the piece! Nothing.

if anyone has any suggestions or ideas how to get DENON to take responsibility or any other recourse please do help.

ALSO, this is a warning about dealers like AV Store Pune who sell expensive equipment without standing behind their products or supporting their customers. Please beware.
Hi,
In India, there is an importer and then there is a dealer.
I have really had some horrible pre-sales interactions with most of them. So much so that I actually let go of products that i kindda liked so as not come in contact with some of them, honestly.
Edit: Worst, parent companies don't really seem to care or bother about their brand name in this country.
Eventually, Anand was one of the people I felt I could deal with. Pricy, yes, but I thought he would at the least be helpful when it comes to after-sales stuff.
Your experience says otherwise and has come as a rude shock to me.
I do hope that word keeps reaching him and he mends his ways.
And hope you find a satisfactory resolution, man.
The AV cartel -- and it is a cartel, no mistake -- in India is as such so bad. And it is extremely distressing to hear stories like this!
Wish there really were ID brands reaching out to a global audience, cutting out middlemen.
Please keep us posted about how your issue was resolved.
Regards

I just want to add to this thread (and am not sure if this is the right way to add it.. but here it is) as an update on my saga with Denon and AV STORE. Well, finally Anand Lulla got active and responsive and on December 22 the replacement DENON amplifier reached me in Goa as he had promised. (I had egged him on to do so as I had a party on the 23rd). Unfortunately again it didnt work and the set up assistant wiukdnt start up. I suspected it was a firmware updation issue but after the first bad experience I wanted it all to be AV Stores responsibility to get it up and running.I had to wait till after Christmas before a technician could come and uodate the firmate and start it. Well, its all done and I am happy to say that I hope to enjoy years of music on this system. It sounds amazing with my wharfedale speakers- and I have a pair if Klipsch outdoor soeakers set up in the garden. The HEOS app makes it easy to operate too! I want to thank Anand Lulla of AV STORE, on this forum, for making good finally.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back