Hi! Been lurking around here for a while. Looking for a budget stereo setup.

otakumaster69420

I have a Zebronics Sultan 5.1 HTIB. It can get loud but it sounds like crap (thin, missing low-mid frequencies) and the front stereo and center speakers look like they're 2 way speakers but they have a single driver so I've also been scammed.

Need a cheap stereo setup mainly for listening music but I'll also be doing music production sometimes.

I usually listen to breakcore, hardcore, DnB, artcore, eurobeat, anime OSTs but also NWOBHM, nu metal, rock and grunge sometimes.

Music sources are my phone (Redmi 9 Power/9T), a laptop that can apparently output 24bit 192khz audio (idk if it either can only process such high quality or actually output it without downsampling) and a DVD player with optical and SPDIF outputs. All my music files are usually CD quality, some are vinyl/tape rips with crazy sampling bit depth and rates.

I live in a 12x12 ft room with crap soundproofing, holes to the outer world that I despise with passion, and creaky windows that rattle crazy all the time. The house is really old and it's a rental so we aren't planning to fix it anytime soon. Also live in a noisy area so I don't mind if the speakers are too loud for my room. I don't give a fuck if I disturb my neighbors.

Here's what I want:
  • A decent DAC/amp with aptX/aptX HD (I'll be using my TWS sometimes)
  • Flat/balanced response, active speakers. 5 inch drivers would be enough. 2 way speakers preferred. It's ok if it's not perfectly flat.
Budget is under 25k excluding cables and isolation pads. V-shaped and warm sound signature are welcome. Open for DIY solutions and vintage products.

Last edited:
... breakcore, hardcore, DnB, artcore, eurobeat, anime OSTs but also NWOBHM, nu metal, rock and grunge sometimes.
On the economical side MICCA RB42,
then Q acoustics 3020 series...
on a side note, Marshall Stanmore II or the like can do good justice for this genre .
A decent DAC/amp with aptX/aptX HD (I'll be using my TWS sometimes)
Flat/balanced response, active speakers. 5 inch drivers would be enough. 2 way speakers preferred. It's ok if it's not perfectly flat.
for active, flat and the genre, Yamaha HS8 Studio Monitor (could be almost double the budget ).

For the music in anime you want something that can handle complex music, not aware of anything for 25k. I'd look into Behringer. Note that most japanese music tends to be high on HF and a little low on LF, if you get speakers with too much HF or upper mid it may not suit it. Have Fun!

Hi,
Do check out Edifier. They make some fantastic one. To suggest a few try the R1280DB and the R1855DB. They have a lot of inputs and also sub out as well. Good mid bass and tone controls too. Can’t recommend them enough. Do give it a go.

Cheers!
Pavan

Deal of the day: Edifier R1855DB Multimedia 2.0 Bookshelf Speaker with Bluetooth 5.0, Optical,Coaxial line in with Sub Out https://amzn.eu/d/6igAHOI

Edifier R1280DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Optical Input - Wireless Studio Monitors - 4 Inch Near Field Speaker - 42w RMS - Wood Grain https://amzn.eu/d/fwI7ZW0

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back