Hi everybody!

docjoe

Hi guys. I am Maneesh Joshi, a member of the Indian armed forces and an audio enthusiast like the rest of you on this forum. It will be a pleasure to interact with all of you. Thanks.

Hi guys. I am Maneesh Joshi, a member of the Indian armed forces and an audio enthusiast like the rest of you on this forum. It will be a pleasure to interact with all of you. Thanks.

Hey Maneesh

Welcome to the forum buddy...!!!
Have a plesant stay here...!!!

Hmm...gt a Indian Armed member...
Spammers be aware, Maneesh gonna shoot you all..LOL...:p
HeHe...

So, buddy.. Shoot in your requests...
Or
Show off, your AV Setup, or discuss...

Venkat, rb9 and mridul,

Thanks for the great welcome. And, no, sorry, no shooting friends here, only enemies and there aren't any here at the very least;) I have requested for some advice on my planned audio setup (ssshhhh, illegal diversion of interim relief from under the eyes of THE eye in the sky - my significantly better half. You won't squeal? Promise? Cross your heart et al? Thanks:eek:) I AM giving her a holiday in Goa this Diwali, so there!

Venkat, rb9 and mridul,

Thanks for the great welcome. And, no, sorry, no shooting friends here, only enemies and there aren't any here at the very least;) I have requested for some advice on my planned audio setup (ssshhhh, illegal diversion of interim relief from under the eyes of THE eye in the sky - my significantly better half. You won't squeal? Promise? Cross your heart et al? Thanks:eek:) I AM giving her a holiday in Goa this Diwali, so there!

LOL...:)

Have Fun Buddy...

But where is your requirement stuff...

I can see that you have three posts... maybe the 3rd one has the requirements but where it is...

Can you cut copy paste it in your own thread...

Hey Mridul,

I can't find the post where i asked for advice on my reqmts. Anyways, here goes:

Speakers Diamond 9.1s. Are the 9.2s significantly better in bass than the 9.1s?

Amp: Norge 1000, what's the name, yes, Gold Concerto?:rolleyes:

CDP Complete loss here. Could not find a standalone CDP. What do i do?:confused:

BTW, the wfe and kd's have the HT and LCD so this reqmt.

Music: ACDs, mp3s (strictly 320 kbps and above) from my Zen Vision M and LPs from my dad's collection (man, those were the days, the wow, hiss and crackle on the Temptations LP..., grew up on that and also The Call of The VAlley, ON LP!!!)

Current solace:rolleyes:: my trusty SONY G88, the lady is 11 yrs old and has given up on the the CDP and cassette. I source the PC audio thru the rig for video and audio and gaming( mainly flight sim 4, 3000 hours on various types, mainly the Mirage F1 and MiG-21...). My son freaks out on his games when he visits me here, i can't even remember the names...

Mridul, i cannot spend much on this rig, old chap. Got a family to spend on:eek: Your advice will be most welcome. Thanks, old man.

Thanks, old man.

Ya, Quite a bit old...:p

Speakers Diamond 9.1s. Are the 9.2s significantly better in bass than the 9.1s?
Diamond 9.2 sounds better...

Amp: Norge 1000, what's the name, yes, Gold Concerto?:rolleyes:
Sorry can't really comment on that, as i dont have there enough listening experience

What i suggest in for is either Cambridge Audio, Marantz, Odyssey for stereo setups...

CDP Complete loss here. Could not find a standalone CDP. What do i do?:confused:

Choose between Cambridge Audio, Norge, Usher or Nad for pure audio...

BTW, the wfe and kd's have the HT and LCD so this reqmt.

My son freaks out on his games when he visits me here, i can't even remember the names...
Work sucks, when you have to compromise on with family...
Seriously...
Dont mind on the comment...

Music: ACDs, mp3s (strictly 320 kbps and above) from my Zen Vision M and LPs from my dad's collection (man, those were the days, the wow, hiss and crackle on the Temptations LP..., grew up on that and also The Call of The VAlley, ON LP!!!)
LP's, WoW, it takes ones long long precious interest in music collection, specially LPs...

Current solace:rolleyes:: my trusty SONY G88, the lady is 11 yrs old and has given up on the the CDP and cassette. I source the PC audio thru the rig for video and audio and gaming( mainly flight sim 4, 3000 hours on various types, mainly the Mirage F1 and MiG-21...).
Poor Lady, but mind you, that model was a damn good one...
Though that was too old model, but it had a super output of that times..
Though i have just a very little hearing experience of it, say 2-3 yrs...

Mridul, i cannot spend much on this rig, old chap.
Dont worry, you gonna get your new baby soon...
Just you need to spend some time of yours, for a couple of days, for a few hours a day...(In Audition, Obviously, dont think wild...:p)

Got a family to spend on:eek:
Sir, Family is what matter most..

Your advice will be most welcome.

Hats off to the industry...

So, request is to please audition a few and please update your experience...

Hi Maneesh .....
Warm welcome to the forum ... Have a great time & a wonderful experience!!!

Regarding your requirement:
Do not miss to check out the Mission babies before you decide on speakers.
Bookshelves - M31i or bigger brother M32i (for little more bass)
Floor Standers - M33i (Excellent one and value for money) or bigger brother M34i (If you are a bass freak) or M35i (The ultimate one in M3 series)

All the best :)
Ramesh @ Bangalore

NOTE: I have sent a PM to you.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back