Hi everyone, great forum you got here!

anandsaraf

Hello everybody,

After a long long time of waiting, saving and postponing... I am finally getting on with building my home theater. To understand that statement better - I confess that I still only own a CRT and not much else... Had some better audio equipment back in the time but most of it is now kind of outdated.

I stumbled upon HFV a couple of weeks back when almost everything I googled came back to me with some links from this site.

Since then it's been a lot of nights of reading and stalking all the amazing threads on this site, I have found it to be really really useful... of course, the missus is really really unhappy :rolleyes: and can't understand what's gone wrong with me and why I can't just go to a store and buy what is recommended by the store assistant! :lol:

So anyway, lots of things are getting clearer and I guess I will post a separate thread in 'What to buy' with my layout and shortlisted items, etc. Just kinda decided that I will junk the mediaplayer idea and go with a XBMC after reading Sam's very detailed thread...

Cheers and look forward to being here!

Welcome to HFV this is the best HiFi forum in India.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Welcome to HFV you are in the right place at the right time all the best for your HT setup

Welcome to HFV. With an XBMC HTPC you won't go wrong. But remember HTPC won't support CRT. Better upgrade your TV to HDTV. I suggest full hd tv if you go for htpc. What are the amp and speakers you are planning on?

Welcome to HFV. With an XBMC HTPC you won't go wrong. But remember HTPC won't support CRT. Better upgrade your TV to HDTV. I suggest full hd tv if you go for htpc. What are the amp and speakers you are planning on?

Hi Baiju,

So the progress so far is that I have ordered a projector from Amazon.de (HD300x equivalent to HD33 as I understand) - planning to get a manual pull down screen for it locally - Grandview I guess although I saw a decent price for a 96" Pyle screen on ebay last night - don't know how good/bad it is.

I had shortlisted Marantz SR5006 and Yamaha RX-V671 - my friend is recommending the Marantz over the Yam.

I am really confused about the speakers right not - I had a budget of 60K for the speakers. But when I went to listen to a few, I really liked the Deftech BP8020ST front tower speakers but they are like 70K just for the pair. So now am trying to decide whether to just buy the front speakers now and get the center/rear at some future undetermined date or just complete the setup and buy a 5.1 package deal for around 60K.

I have still to go listen but have read about and considering the Deftech Procinema or the Wharfedale vardus set. Have also been suggested to try to Magnat 5.1 package.

Do you think it's better to buy the set and enjoy the whole setup or build-as-you-go which you never know when you will get around to adding more stuff...

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back