Hi Everyone

kartick

Hello fellow forum mates,

Although I should have posted here a long time back but I was so intrigued by the discussions under the various headers on this forum like Phono/Turntables and Vintage Audio, that I was spell bound and was compelled to go through many of the valuable inputs given by so many people. Pardon me for posting my introduction so late.

I am an engineer from Delhi, who is working with KPMG currently. I have been interested in music ever since my childhood. This has been primarily because of my father who is very very fond of listening to music. I have always remembered buying cassette tapes with him. Until the beginning of this year, I used to think that my Altec Lansing ATP-3s were a very good pair of speakers, which they were actually for the price. But it was then when I decided to get into the vinyl world. I researched a lot, read forums, tracked classifieds and build up my first hi-fi gear. The hunt for good vintage equipment is still on and would be so for the rest of my life I reckon now. I have 2 turntables, 3 integrated amplifiers, 1 sound card, 1 pair of Shure headphones and some good collection of LPs. All of which I have build in the last few months. I like to listen to good music, it ranges from Hemant Kumar, Mohd. Rafi, Manna Dey, Jagjit Singh, Eric Clapton, The Moody Blues, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, The Beatles, The Doors and many many more. I can never say who my favourite artist is. I am very very fond of reading about vintage gear like amplifiers, earphones and gadgets in general. I would hope my contribution here on this forum would be of help to people and I would learn from a lot of people too, which I already am via getting involved in discussions. Wish a very very Happy New Year to all of you.

Welcome to HFV. I wish, one day, i have turntable. Need to understand everything about it. So will start reading now.

Thanks Sanjeev. Let me know if my knowledge (however limited it is at the moment) can be of any help to you.

Guys I would really like if someone could help me with a query that I had. I want to know if there is any special permission I need to be posting new threads under the main thread 'For Sale by Owner' ?

I have somethings which I would like to put up for sale here but am currently unable to do that. I get this message :

kartick, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Kindly let me know how can I contact the Admin to enable me to post content here or is it that I have to get some minimum reputation points in order to do so.

I have somethings which I would like to put up for sale here but am currently unable to do that. I get this message :

Kindly let me know how can I contact the Admin to enable me to post content here or is it that I have to get some minimum reputation points in order to do so.

One of the condition is that you need to have a minimum of 31 posts, which i dont see it for you. Once you hit the 31 mark, you will be able to post for sale thread.

One of the condition is that you need to have a minimum of 31 posts, which i dont see it for you. Once you hit the 31 mark, you will be able to post for sale thread.

Thanks Sanjeev. Il wait for me to cross the 31 mark. Where exactly is this thing mentioned, if you could point me to that itd be great.

Hello kartik, I am from delhi too. Hope you enjoy here too and see you more often here sharing new information, ideas and suggestions. I am new here too.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back