Hi-fi 2.1 music system or Htibs

joshiaa

Which system should I buy Hi-fi 2.1 stereo music system or Htibs. :confused: My basic purpose is to listen good music and see movies also (Say 70 % music and 30 % watching movies. It should serve the both purposes.:confused:

1. What is the difference other than speakers ?
2. What I loose if I buy either of them compared to each other ?
3. As I understand Htibs is basicay for movies (?). Does that mean that it is
not good or so good for listening music compared to Hi fi stereo systems ?

I had posted this question earlier but did not get the answer.

Last edited:

skumar

It depends on... your usage (music versus movies), your budget (current and future)...

1. What is the difference other than speakers ?
A stereo amp is preferred (over an AVR) in a pure stereo setup, this is recommended if you are musically inclined and your CDs/songs outnumber your DVD/BDs/films by many times :lol:

2. What I loose if I buy either of them compared to each other ?
If you buy an AVR, you can always have a decent 2.0 or 2.1 setup along with the 5.1 movie setup, whereas you have to live with a 2.0/2.1 if you buy a stereo amp.

3. As I understand Htibs is basicay for movies (?). Does that mean that it is not good or so good for listening music compared to Hi fi stereo systems ?
There are AVRs with decent music/stereo performance which will cater to both movies and music as well...

afj

budget being constant you'll have better SQ from a 2.1 rather than from a surround sound. quality over quantity. youre spreading your budget over 5 speakers instead of 2. similarly with the amp - it'll be a 5.1 or a 7.1 instead of a 2.1. esp if your budget isnt too high i would suggest a 2.1 or even a good 2.0

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.