Hi from new member Vihag

Vihag Sharma

Hi all,
Off late started interest in turntables. I have my late father’s collection of Indian classical and Bollywood vinyls and a Bush Garrand 2025T.
I believe I will require assistance from fellow members to restore the record player.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Vihag

Hi all,
Off late started interest in turntables. I have my late father’s collection of Indian classical and Bollywood vinyls and a Bush Garrand 2025T.
I believe I will require assistance from fellow members to restore the record player.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Vihag
Welcome to the forum!

Hi welcome. Read with nostalgic interest about the Bush Garrard 2025 T.A friend owned this in 1974-75. As I recall it had a ceramic cartridge, but sound was very good. However these heavy tracking arms and carts were not kind to records. I would request u to service the Garrard ,as the grease/ lubes would have dried out. Check the condition of the idler rubber and the motor. Service the amp and check the speakers for functionality. If u are a diy person, u can download the service manual and do the basic but do not attempt repairs unless confident. Risk of life endangering electric shock is there, so a good mechanic is a better bet.
By now u may need to change the stylus( needle) too. Old age and usage! So good luck and keep us posted on ur progess, preferably with photos.

Hi welcome. Read with nostalgic interest about the Bush Garrard 2025 T.A friend owned this in 1974-75. As I recall it had a ceramic cartridge, but sound was very good. However these heavy tracking arms and carts were not kind to records. I would request u to service the Garrard ,as the grease/ lubes would have dried out. Check the condition of the idler rubber and the motor. Service the amp and check the speakers for functionality. If u are a diy person, u can download the service manual and do the basic but do not attempt repairs unless confident. Risk of life endangering electric shock is there, so a good mechanic is a better bet.
By now u may need to change the stylus( needle) too. Old age and usage! So good luck and keep us posted on ur progess, preferably with photos.
Thanks. You are right. Not used the TT for almost 10-15 years. Dad made the valve amplifier himself which is not in working condition plus Column speakers which were locally made with glass wood are also damaged.
Basically I will have to make the complete system again. Although Iam a DIY person but in this case would like to take expert help. Looking for someone who can restore the TT in Mumbai.
Attaching few images of the TT

Attachments

• B6297123-7C6F-45A4-B0DA-208A36DBFE68.jpeg
    B6297123-7C6F-45A4-B0DA-208A36DBFE68.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 33097BB0-F88C-42BC-A10A-7F635ED15164.jpeg
    33097BB0-F88C-42BC-A10A-7F635ED15164.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 05C3B3C6-DA00-4B19-93A0-1BFB66C75CEC.jpeg
    05C3B3C6-DA00-4B19-93A0-1BFB66C75CEC.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 7
Hi. You can call Mr Pandurang 9619816225. His shop ,Near Opera House is now closed, sadly, but he stays at Santa Cruz and will be able to assist you. Do remember that ceramic carts and these particular tonearms are not record friendly! Am sure there are some other esteemed members whio can guide you on the valve amplifier, as these carry very high(and lethal) voltages.
Do let us know your progress. A well restored tt is a wonderful slice of nostalgia, and a pleasure to behold and operate.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back