Hi Guys, Planning to buy HTR-3072

dkadavarath

Hi all, New member here. I was looking into buying an HTR-3072. I had an old Panasonic SC-DK20 Home theatre. The main unit broke, but the speakers are still working fine. I was thinking of coupling the Receiver with the said speakers. Except the sub woofer, all speakers have 6 or 8 impedance. Woofer is 4 Ohms though and I was wondering if there's any way to match the impedances. I'll providing info on all the speakers below. These speakers were able to fill my room reasonably well, paired with it's original unit at average volumes when it was working. I'm looking at this new receiver for getting more fidelity and more connectivity options. I'm a bit cash strapped now, but eventually, I'm planning to get better speakers that will suit this new unit better.

Front Speakers (2 way speakers)
12 cm cone woofer and 6 cm cone tweeter
6 ohm impedance
80 W input power (Music)

Surround speakers (1 way 1 speaker closed)
8 cm cone full range
8 ohm impedance
70 W input power (Music)

Center speaker (2 way 3 speaker bass-reflex)
8 cm cone woofer x 2 and 6 cm cone tweeter
8 ohm impedance
160 W input power (Music)

Subwoofer (1 way bass-reflex)
17 cm cone woofer
4 ohm impedance
340 W input power (Music) 170 W (DIN)

I'll watch a lot of movies on this, but most of the time, it'd be working with TV audio as the TV I'm using has very bad speakers.

I'm located in Thrissur, Kerala.

I'm open to suggestion of a better way to go for this. My budget is around 25K and this receiver is right on the border. I looked into the YHT 1840 which comes with it's own speakers, but I didnt want another set of speakers and it's way too high for my budget. I'm also curious to know what's different about 1840 and 3072. Are their receiver units the same? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi all, New member here. I was looking into buying an HTR-3072. I had an old Panasonic SC-DK20 Home theatre. The main unit broke, but the speakers are still working fine. I was thinking of coupling the Receiver with the said speakers. Except the sub woofer, all speakers have 6 or 8 impedance. Woofer is 4 Ohms though and I was wondering if there's any way to match the impedances. I'll providing info on all the speakers below. These speakers were able to fill my room reasonably well, paired with it's original unit at average volumes when it was working. I'm looking at this new receiver for getting more fidelity and more connectivity options. I'm a bit cash strapped now, but eventually, I'm planning to get better speakers that will suit this new unit better.

Front Speakers (2 way speakers)
12 cm cone woofer and 6 cm cone tweeter
6 ohm impedance
80 W input power (Music)

Surround speakers (1 way 1 speaker closed)
8 cm cone full range
8 ohm impedance
70 W input power (Music)

Center speaker (2 way 3 speaker bass-reflex)
8 cm cone woofer x 2 and 6 cm cone tweeter
8 ohm impedance
160 W input power (Music)

Subwoofer (1 way bass-reflex)
17 cm cone woofer
4 ohm impedance
340 W input power (Music) 170 W (DIN)

I'll watch a lot of movies on this, but most of the time, it'd be working with TV audio as the TV I'm using has very bad speakers.

I'm located in Thrissur, Kerala.

I'm open to suggestion of a better way to go for this. My budget is around 25K and this receiver is right on the border. I looked into the YHT 1840 which comes with it's own speakers, but I didnt want another set of speakers and it's way too high for my budget. I'm also curious to know what's different about 1840 and 3072. Are their receiver units the same? Thanks in advance.

While there are some feature differences between the 1840 and 3072......both have more or less the same output!

The most important thing to consider is that you want to use your existing speakers which can be used.....but you cannot use the subwoofer on the 3072 as it only has a sub out port.

The 1840 or alternate model has both a sub out and even a dedicated connection (100 watts) for subwoofer.....if you want to use all your existing speakers including subwoofer, you need to look for AVRs that have also a connection to hook a passive subwoofer...having additionally a sub out port will help for future upgrades made to speakers....

If budget is tight and limited....see the For Sale by Owner section or OLX....sometimes you get very very good stuff for a reasonable rate.....

While there are some feature differences between the 1840 and 3072......both have more or less the same output!

The most important thing to consider is that you want to use your existing speakers which can be used.....but you cannot use the subwoofer on the 3072 as it only has a sub out port.

The 1840 or alternate model has both a sub out and even a dedicated connection (100 watts) for subwoofer.....if you want to use all your existing speakers including subwoofer, you need to look for AVRs that have also a connection to hook a passive subwoofer...having additionally a sub out port will help for future upgrades made to speakers....

If budget is tight and limited....see the For Sale by Owner section or OLX....sometimes you get very very good stuff for a reasonable rate.....

I realised that my budget is not going to cut it. I bought a basic Sony HTRT3 for the time being. I'll start saving up for something better in the future.

I personally used it , it was epic ! Bang for the buck
Not suitable for my needs. It doesn't even have an HDMI. You may have received a good one, but a lot of the people on the internet weren't so lucky. I just don't want that kind of headache. Either ways, the Sony I've ordered would do the job for me, until I can buy a proper AVR and speakers for it. Thanks for your input.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back