Hifi and music to explore - Paris

square_wave

Hey guys, Are there any interesting hifi or places for interesting performing arts ( music, Jazz bars etc..) to explore in Paris ? I will have about 4 days to explore next week.

Cabasse is on the list :)

Many thanks..

National Opera for free gigs/paid performances outside,many street performers can be caught at Place de la bastille and other touristy spots as well. Paris is more about the Museums,so check them out for sure.
Found paris or france rather very highly taxed to feel like buying anything in terms of gear there.
Stay warm:lol:

you must see an opera..usually at Paris Opera OR orchestra de paris..you canbook tickets online..better to do so now ( you can google it)
Walk around ideally on a weekend and sit down listen to all street musicians there (St Germaine or Montremartre)
Walk around Notre Dame and get yourselves sketched or buy one of the roadside sketches
1 day for versaille palace + Sacre Coeur church and 1 day for Louvre

Lots of places with used records if you are interested. dont waste your time looking for Hifi..too expensive there.

Thanks a lot for the great suggestions.. hifi wise, I was trying to see if I could pick up some good dac. I will also end up in Amsterdam for a few days.

Thanks a lot for the great suggestions.. hifi wise, I was trying to see if I could pick up some good dac. I will also end up in Amsterdam for a few days.

Amsterdam Yes, Paris No..

Amsterdam in general is a great place to shop and as someone suggested, get the taxes back at the airport.

I also found the street performances opposite the arc d Triomphe (just when you exit the subway) to be amazing.
Oh and do climb up on top, best views in Paris..

St Michele (the one across from Notre Dame) used to have Vivaldi concert. You can check it out. I have read somewhere that there is a church in St Germain area that has organ music performance. If you are interested, you can check it out.

Go to New Morning on Rue des Petites curies it's usually reliable for excellent jazz and blues. And it's fairly centrally located too.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back