HiFi Complete Music Setup with Turn Table & CD Player

Hi guys,

I am planning on building a premium stereo music set-up in my bedroom which is around 200sqft - 250sqft. I went for a couple of demos where I tried the AE's, Dali Opticon 6, B&W 684 S2, B&W 685 S2, B&W CM5 S2 & also a few Paradigm towers. Don't really have a preference towards floor-standing or bookshelves, either one works for me as long as the speakers sound great. What I realised after the demos were that the Dali's sounded spectacular right out of the box. They gave an instant impact with great base. (Stereo only, no sub etc.) The B&W's sounded more deep & refined & a little toned down. (684 S2)

The confusion starts here: I read lot of reviews & heard from a few experts that said the Dali Opticon 6 towers can get really bright which over-time will reduce the listenting pleasure & in this aspect the B&W 685 S2 seemed to be one of the most popular. I basically like great acoustics, good base (don't mind adding a sub to the stereo amp) & a wholesome deep sound which gives a refined & long lasting listening experience.

Music Preferences: Deep house, Country, Psy, Downtempo (Chet faker, Milky Chance, Bonobo, Emancipator, John Mayer, Drake, Nirvana etc.)

To make it simpler, ill just add my shortlists here, to give you'll an idea what setup I have thought of. Given the expertise this forum has, it would be great to get some advice on what would be the best combination\set-up for the best music experience as I've heard that pairing with the wrong stereo amp can get the speakers to become very bright or too dull.

Also I want to experience my first Turn Table since we can see them coming back to the markets & would probably be really natural sounding & since the other equipment is in the premium zone, I do not want to go for an entry level one which will compromise on sound quality. No budget restraint as such, but looking at a setup in the range of 1.5-2lakhs as it's going to be a one time setup for a decade at least. Won't something that will last for a good amount of time & wouldn't really need a upgrade soon.

My minimum req. would be optical cables to connect to my PS4 & TATA HD 4k Set top Box & Sub-out to added that extra thump which I like. Would prefer if there is a USB to connect to my laptop\phone directly.

Would be great to hear what you'll think of the same. Thanks in advance!!

SPEAKERS
B&W CM5 (Little out of budget, but considering them cause they sound brilliant)
B&W 685 S2
DALI Opticon 6

AMPLIFIER
Marantz HD AMP1
Marantz PM6005\8005
Harman Kardon HK4770
Cambridge Audio CXA60 (Preferred choice)
NAD C 326BEE\356BEE

Turn Table
NAD C 556
Rega RP1
Audio Technicas AT-LP5 turntable

Hi

With the budget and shortlisted models, I think you are almost there and need to trust your ears and decide which one is a winner in your eyes....

If you have auditioned with your kind of music (same songs) for all these listed brands, I am sure you would be inclined towards it already.

Marantz are good for amps..You may want to also check the Denon PMA 1500 series.....B&Ws for speakers, you can also check Focals or JAmo C series

Speakers which can deliver maximum frequencies between 20hz and 20khz is ideal.....you will enjoy your music better.

Have you factored the cost of phono preamp,cables. Secondly B&Ws shines with more power, listed amp wont do justice for long...IMO go for one box solution like parasound integrated amplifier..it has all the things which any audiophile setup needs and its a high current amplifier too...have a audition...though you have to strech bit..but its worth for one time setup...link is below-

http://www.parasound.com/hint.php

Hi guys,

I am planning on building a premium stereo music set-up in my bedroom which is around 200sqft - 250sqft. I went for a couple of demos where I tried the AE's, Dali Opticon 6, B&W 684 S2, B&W 685 S2, B&W CM5 S2 & also a few Paradigm towers. Don't really have a preference towards floor-standing or bookshelves, either one works for me as long as the speakers sound great. What I realised after the demos were that the Dali's sounded spectacular right out of the box. They gave an instant impact with great base. (Stereo only, no sub etc.) The B&W's sounded more deep & refined & a little toned down. (684 S2)

The confusion starts here: I read lot of reviews & heard from a few experts that said the Dali Opticon 6 towers can get really bright which over-time will reduce the listenting pleasure & in this aspect the B&W 685 S2 seemed to be one of the most popular. I basically like great acoustics, good base (don't mind adding a sub to the stereo amp) & a wholesome deep sound which gives a refined & long lasting listening experience.

Music Preferences: Deep house, Country, Psy, Downtempo (Chet faker, Milky Chance, Bonobo, Emancipator, John Mayer, Drake, Nirvana etc.)

To make it simpler, ill just add my shortlists here, to give you'll an idea what setup I have thought of. Given the expertise this forum has, it would be great to get some advice on what would be the best combination\set-up for the best music experience as I've heard that pairing with the wrong stereo amp can get the speakers to become very bright or too dull.

Also I want to experience my first Turn Table since we can see them coming back to the markets & would probably be really natural sounding & since the other equipment is in the premium zone, I do not want to go for an entry level one which will compromise on sound quality. No budget restraint as such, but looking at a setup in the range of 1.5-2lakhs as it's going to be a one time setup for a decade at least. Won't something that will last for a good amount of time & wouldn't really need a upgrade soon.

My minimum req. would be optical cables to connect to my PS4 & TATA HD 4k Set top Box & Sub-out to added that extra thump which I like. Would prefer if there is a USB to connect to my laptop\phone directly.

Would be great to hear what you'll think of the same. Thanks in advance!!

SPEAKERS
B&W CM5 (Little out of budget, but considering them cause they sound brilliant)
B&W 685 S2
DALI Opticon 6

AMPLIFIER
Marantz HD AMP1
Marantz PM6005\8005
Harman Kardon HK4770
Cambridge Audio CXA60 (Preferred choice)
NAD C 326BEE\356BEE

Turn Table
NAD C 556
Rega RP1
Audio Technicas AT-LP5 turntable
Found Dali too bright.....they may get boring....
I would opt for B&W 685 or 684.....very relaxed sound

Not heard Dali opticon ,but if your are using a warmer amp like Marantz or Denon,it will be a greater combo and the brighter sound will not affect you.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back