HiFi Rose RS150

acjacob

I have a friend who loves his, but at Euro 6000 each it's kinda expensive.
I have been using this for the past 3 weeks. Just blown away by the sound quality, the features & the incredible display. If you like to see Track details with album art prominently there is no comparable product available in the market currently. The DAC in it & their implementation is a revelation too. I like details with a touch of warmth & the RS150 captures it perfectly

chander

@acjacob - considering you have lived with this for a while now - what is you "longish" term experience? I have been reading about these products for a few weeks now and there are nothing but positive superlatives as far as the experience is concerned (I always take sound impressions with a bit of salt). The control app is what people are raving about. How do you feel?

Yelamanchili manohar

I have been using this for the past 3 weeks. Just blown away by the sound quality, the features & the incredible display. If you like to see Track details with album art prominently there is no comparable product available in the market currently. The DAC in it & their implementation is a revelation too. I like details with a touch of warmth & the RS150 captures it perfectly
Thanks for sharing the above :)

I've been looking for a streamer. And been considering the usual suspects from lumin and aurender. By any chance did you compare the hifirose with any of these. Thanks

sidvee

I had the RS 150 in my system for a few days. It is an excellent unit with huge set of features. However in SQ I felt that my Aurender n100h was better. Especially in overall resolution. However the Aurender was no match in feature count.
Cheers,
Sid

acjacob

Thanks for sharing the above :)

I've been looking for a streamer. And been considering the usual suspects from lumin and aurender. By any chance did you compare the hifirose with any of these. Thanks
I have a Lumin D2. The HifiRose is far better.
I have a T+A DAC 8 DSD as well. The HifiRose is slightly better directly. It has a tinge of warmth that I (personally) love.
Features wise it is far ahead of everything else in the market currently. The only additional feature I can think of is as a Roon core server.
I have not had an Aurender in my system. I have heard it in a demo room. So I can't directly compare anything but the features where the Hifirose is miles ahead

@acjacob - considering you have lived with this for a while now - what is you "longish" term experience? I have been reading about these products for a few weeks now and there are nothing but positive superlatives as far as the experience is concerned (I always take sound impressions with a bit of salt). The control app is what people are raving about. How do you feel?
I really love the sound quality. I think this has been a fantastic investment on my part. The visual presentation is great too. Works well with all streaming options (Tidal, Qobuz, Roon, Spotify, Apple Airplay)

Yelamanchili manohar

I have a Lumin D2. The HifiRose is far better.
I have a T+A DAC 8 DSD as well. The HifiRose is slightly better directly. It has a tinge of warmth that I (personally) love.
Features wise it is far ahead of everything else in the market currently. The only additional feature I can think of is as a Roon core server.
I have not had an Aurender in my system. I have heard it in a demo room. So I can't directly compare anything but the features where the Hifirose is miles ahead

I really love the sound quality. I think this has been a fantastic investment on my part. The visual presentation is great too. Works well with all streaming options (Tidal, Qobuz, Roon, Spotify, Apple Airplay)
Thanks a ton for sharing the above :)

I already have a dac that iam happy with. I've lately been addicted to youtube music videos. The hifirose with hdmi arc makes a lot of sense for my use case, as iam seriously considering adding a portable TV on a wheeled trolley in my room. And the great sounding dac will be a bonus no doubt :)

acjacob

Thanks a ton for sharing the above :)

I already have a dac that iam happy with. I've lately been addicted to youtube music videos. The hifirose with hdmi arc makes a lot of sense for my use case, as iam seriously considering adding a portable TV on a wheeled trolley in my room. And the great sounding dac will be a bonus no doubt :)
I do have my Hifirose connected via HDMI to a tv. The images are great & it is wonderful to see album art up on a bigger screen. One thing I did notice is a sync timing difference with the image of on screen with the sound for youtube videos. Maybe there is a setting to adjust this. I have not gone into th menus for this

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.