HiFi setup for diverse musical taste

Hi friends I have narrowed down my speaker search to two candidates ; Audio Note AX-2s and Proac Tablette 10 . I had Harbeth P3ESRs and Spendor 3/5 in the fray too however former was ruled out because of price differential between it and others and most importantly to be honest I don't have good enough ears to discern things post a certain price point . I do love to listen to hindi bollycrap at times depending on track and mood so a super revealing speaker is actually not something I am looking for. Now AN and Proac dealers are in different cities so I cannot do A/B testing and what I seek opinion on is not sound quality per se but which one of them will be less fatiguing and more of an all rounder ; also at this price point I might even double these up for my HT system (is that a bad idea ? ) .

ProAcs are very very nice. I had listened to their bookshelves Studio 150 (or was it 110 when I listened?) and they sounded swell. I had heard them at Absolute Phase so are they no longer retailing them? However, I must say I had found ProAcs to be more forward sounding than the Harbeth's but then folks say that ProAcs are very neutral and what I had heard was due to the amp (I think it was with Exposure that I heard them).
I heard Audio note in the recent What HiFi show here in Bangalore and they sounded very smooth. In other words, very apt for the genre of poorly recorded Hindi music with harsh highs. However, no idea how would metal sound on it as I only got to listen to some nice Jazz LPs during the demo.

I also think AN will be a tad more expensive than ProAcs? I doubt you will get the speaker+amp combo in 2L with these brands :( but I may be wrong as I haven't been looking at the market for some years now.

Hi friends I have narrowed down my speaker search to two candidates ; Audio Note AX-2s and Proac Tablette 10 . I had Harbeth P3ESRs and Spendor 3/5 in the fray too however former was ruled out because of price differential between it and others and most importantly to be honest I don't have good enough ears to discern things post a certain price point . I do love to listen to hindi bollycrap at times depending on track and mood so a super revealing speaker is actually not something I am looking for. Now AN and Proac dealers are in different cities so I cannot do A/B testing and what I seek opinion on is not sound quality per se but which one of them will be less fatiguing and more of an all rounder ; also at this price point I might even double these up for my HT system (is that a bad idea ? ) .

With the speakers you have shortlisted, would advise you ti listen to both first & foremost. Doubling them for HT is a real bad idea.
From your description & idea of using for music & ht, you should look at the older series of wharfedale speakers, they are precisely the type of speaker you should consider for dual purposes.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back