HiFiMART - Plz consider 30 day trial for Hi-Fi products ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elangoas

Hi All,

Hifimart has been around for a while and am one of the happy customer who have purchased some products from time to time.. Over the years they have expanded product offerings and am sure they will add more over time..

There are more affordable products then before and i would be happy to see if they offer 30 day trial for some hi-fi products..At-least the not so popular brands to begin with..

Ex : Taga Harmony has been around on hifimart for a year a i guess, many of them in the affordable range.. It is very difficult for a newbie to choose a product without audition..

Request HiFiMART to consider a 30 day trial period for some products atleast for HFV members... At-least let this be a first of a kind in India to consider over other offerings..

Please share your inputs..

It is indeed a great idea. If this idea comes into existence, it would be a game changer in Indian Hi-Fi market. Stores in West have this practice in place. But I doubt and there are good enough reasons. We Indians are very intelligent, at times we are un-duly intelligent. That's why some e-retailers don't even ship products costing above 10K, to some parts of our county. Some don't even offer COD to customers. Flipkart( WS Retail) used to have 30 days replacement policy for TVs and other electronics but now it has come down to 10days. Reason could be the behaviour of un-duly intelligent customers or the behaviour of businessmen aiming at bigger chunks of profit. In West, all major HiFi companies offer 3-5 years of warranty on their products; but in India, despite putting premium price tag, companies hardly provide more than 1 year of warranty. Why??? Is there any reason?

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

It is indeed a great idea. If this idea comes into existence, it would be a game changer in Indian Hi-Fi market. Stores in West have this practice in place. But I doubt and there are good enough reasons. We Indians are very intelligent, at times we are un-duly intelligent. That's why some e-retailers don't even ship products costing above 10K, to some parts of our county. Some don't even offer COD to customers. Flipkart( WS Retail) used to have 30 days replacement policy for TVs and other electronics but now it has come down to 10days. Reason could be the behaviour of un-duly intelligent customers or the behaviour of businessmen aiming at bigger chunks of profit. In West, all major HiFi companies offer 3-5 years of warranty on their products; but in India, despite putting premium price tag, companies hardly provide more than 1 year of warranty. Why??? Is there any reason?

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

I have seen amazon.com offer 30 day trial period and crutchfield.com offer 60 day trial.. That is really fabulous..

No body in India offer anything like this for Hi-Fi products.. If we go to dealer places for demo, more often than not we are forced to give them a tentative date to buy the product..

Sometimes it really becomes uncomfortable, when the dealer gives you a weird look when you just go for a demo & not to buy them.. Most of us would have experienced this situation..

Something like this would give us the opportunity to experience something that has not been attempted before... Could very well be a game changer too for product sales..

grt idea, it will add onto the sales also, if someone orders 2-3 products for trial after initial research, he will surely buy one.

That is a Great Idea. I hope the Hifimart folks are listening.

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

This is a fabulous idea and will truly be appreciated by HiFi lovers across the country.

There are reasons to be put against it by the house/company looking to offer such a service. HiFi or MidFi stillo remains a pretty niche market in India and is likely to be so for another decade if not more. Online retailers or local groups in the West can offer such a service for favourable market condition as well as good consumer practices in place for decades. That is not the case here, online marketplaces are still very much in the development phase here and to offer such a service for fairly slow moving merchandise represents some risks. For one consumer-discipline is a major concern here, moving such fragile and heavy equipment on a frequent basis does pose a logistical challenge.

Flipkart or Amazon's return policies are not relevant here as those are not meant as 'trial' periods, you only get to return if the product is defective in most cases and not because it is not up to the standard you expect it to be. The reduction from 30 days to 10 days is also due to reduce logistical overhead.

Fair and honest consumer practice remains the biggest concern in my opinion, lengthy litigation and lack of efficacy of law and order agencies will prove to be a major nightmare as it is in everything here.

Having said that challenges will have to be overcome by someone someday, why not by our very own hifimart? :)
If it does come true will be a huge boon for all HiFi lovers, big and small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back