Hifivision - Hall of Fame!

At the same time I do appreciate the boredom of looking at one liner stupid questions that are repeated again and again - what is the best speaker? what is best AVR? I want a Lamborghini for 20K, who is the dealer? You guys would not believe the kind of questions I get in PM.

The only way we can handle this is to retrict new membership. Only allow people with some knowledge? Create an FAQ? New threads to be whetted before being posted?

Cheers
I think FAQ is a good idea and so are sticky threads. FWIW, I am not for restricting membership to the forum. This forum in the last two years has grown so much due to new members' contribution.
I would suggest master threads. For example, one thread for Denon 1910/2310 receivers. That would help accumulate the information on specific topics too. Though whetting the thread sounds like a good idea, it may put too much load on the moderators.
my .02
Edited to post: My thanks to the moderators. They do belong in the HoF.

Anyone can communicate to a mod if they have valid reasons for a thread to be sticky. If yes, we will def do sticky it.

We have sticked lot of threads like Price Thread which has core value.

I think the problem is that a naive member (e.g like me) would be too hesitant to take a call on whether a thread is worthy to be sticky or not. It would be much better for senior folks to take a call (or may be sometime discuss a topic at length and mark it sticky) on a specific thread.

We have very few sticky threads and even what we have, for example, the Price Thread is not of much use (sorry, no offence). The information must be consolidated in the first post itself and not scattered in the next 300 replies. I don't think its practical for anyone to read through those 300 posts. They would simply ask the question again and hope someone would reply. And the first post lists only very few speakers and its not sure whether the information is up-to-date or not.

For example, I used the wiihacks.com to softmod my Wii. The first sticky thread gave start to finish guide to mod the Wii and the post is continuously updated to reflect any experiments.

My two cents.

This is really silly. I do not know whether to laugh or get angry.
Do you guys realize first I am a member of this forum and then the moderator? Also, I hope you realize I am can also ask a question genuinely as a member and not as a moderator?
From when did just making a poke or tagging or asking a simple question become a MOD ATTENTION phenomenon?

"Get angry":eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah: Ram I will take the credit for being a "sinoatrial node" if the FAQ and other things discussed in the above posts are implemented!

"Get angry":eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah: Ram I will take the credit for being a "sinoatrial node" if the FAQ and other things discussed in the above posts are implemented!

Thats the spirit mate...:yahoo:

@Pavan: I said refer such good threads to the mods and we will take a call on to make it sticky or not. Plus a thread like price is highly impossible to be edited everyday as prices changes everyday and new products come to market everyday.

Last edited:
Hello every body my self niranjan jain i am a new member of hifivision and i had learnt many new things from this forum

Hello every body my self niranjan jain i am a new member of hifivision and i had learnt many new things from this forum

welcome - njain - let me put it this way - in any new (forum) relationship, there is a thrill in discovery - and, an awesome feeling of kinship with people who think like you do - and say what you like-

and then, as time goes by- you wonder about where you stand in the forum - and what you can say -

then- you discover - that the diktat is not yours alone!:)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back