High end power cables

Hi,

Will changing power cable to amp in the chain will help in improvement of sound signature?
Any suggestions on good power cable?
Like PS AUDIO, REGA,KRELL ETC

Hi
Imo its definitely yes though opinions differ.
A good power cord is a big improvement over the stock power cord which comes with the amp.
You will hear a lower noise floor, improved vocal clarity and much more.
There are many threads on this topic discussed by our esteemed members.
You need to try it to experience it.
Which is the amp in use?

Hi,

Will changing power cable to amp in the chain will help in improvement of sound signature?
Any suggestions on good power cable?
Like PS AUDIO, REGA,KRELL ETC
Yes. Provided your chain consists of gear that are of really good quality. When you have an entry level gear and you use an expensive cable, the difference will be very little to none due to the limitation of the gears itself. High end gears are so revealing that even a single cable change show up noticeable difference, be it a power cable or interconnects or speaker cables.
Rega is easy on the pocket, great construction and they are very good to see noticeable difference. They are made in house and in UK.
Most of the Other brands outsource the manufacturing of cables and/or very expensive.

I use Rega and they are very good.

Thanks
Ravi

I would advise creating one yourself using best of the wire available in electrical shop. Choose the thickest wire you are comfortable working with.

this advice is for those who have basic knowledge of hot/cold/neutral, screwdriver, plugs etc.

Well as they say, a system as good as the weakest link. Power cables in my book are important, however, the plugs are even more important. Most cables that come with components are sufficient, what is not is the plug they come with. Most of them are small and loose-fitting. This loose-fitting causing noise. So if you plan to build one, see that you get plugs that fit tight in the powerpoint.

MaSh

Back