High Performance Class A amplifier

Too Good...:clapping: I was fortunate to audition this Amplifier as the End User was my friend from Vadodara. I must Say You have done a very good job. The Sound is so rich & balanced. The Highs the Mids the Bass, Suberb Bro :thumbsup: There was not a slight humm or hiss from the speakers "Dead Silent". It is just amazing.

Looks ... It's a Beauty Bro... The Cabinet is Awesome. I am thinking to Built this Amp. It will take time, But i am sure i will make this Amp One Day. I have started to save some "$$$" to make this Amp as you know class A = too much "$$$$$$" & will disturb you a lot during the Built.....:lol:

Sadik

Too Good...:clapping: I was fortunate to audition this Amplifier as the End User was my friend from Vadodara. I must Say You have done a very good job. The Sound is so rich & balanced. The Highs the Mids the Bass, Suberb Bro :thumbsup: There was not a slight humm or hiss from the speakers "Dead Silent". It is just amazing.

Looks ... It's a Beauty Bro... The Cabinet is Awesome. I am thinking to Built this Amp. It will take time, But i am sure i will make this Amp One Day. I have started to save some "$$$" to make this Amp as you know class A = too much "$$$$$$" & will disturb you a lot during the Built.....:lol:

Sadik

thanks a lot Sadik bhai for the complements. I too admire your speakers which are all a piece of art. It would be my pleasure if you pair this amp with your beautiful speakers.

Regards,
Aniket

Fabulous job!! Congratulations. If it sounds even half as good as it looks, you have a winner!

May I ask where is the cabinet from?

Last edited:
WOW !!! Very neat job it looks swell too. Congrats on the build and hope to hear it someday. What speakers are you going to pair this with ?

Thank you for the complement.
I made this amp for a friend in Vadodara. he is paring it with Zaph audio revelator 2.5way towers.

Fabulous job!! Congratulations. If it sounds even half as good as it looks, you have a winner!

May I ask where is the cabinet from?

Thank you for the complement. It sounds better than it looks.:)
I got the cabinet made in Delhi by a friend.

Regards,
Aniket

Aniket said:
Thank you for the complement. It sounds better than it looks.:)
I got the cabinet made in Delhi by a friend.

Regards,
Aniket

Can you share his/her details?

Vow. Just Vow. It looks like a professional product.

The case looks extremely well made and are the PCBs. Please post a video recorded with a good microphone on YouTube.

@Aniket,

Any chance of getting this in Kit form

Thanks
Har297

Hi Har297,

i have some PCBs to spare, i can offer the kits.

Vow. Just Vow. It looks like a professional product.

The case looks extremely well made and are the PCBs. Please post a video recorded with a good microphone on YouTube.

Thank you for the complements. I have shipped the amp to my friend, I'll ask him to do.

Regards,
Aniket

Excellent work, Aniket. My congrats!!

Perhaps you would present the project in the forum asap. Your design aims, and realization of the same would surely provide new insights to other DIYers looking for a first-rate amp. Do share pcb and kit details at your convenience.

Kudos once again for a "blameless" build!
--UKP

Huh, finally the amp is complete. was quite a lengthy project. some pics:

xnVKe41vv0HaiNqr3SpgtjfO8DEKOJ12QIzZA4_yN2qLiyP-ogWJtzI9i4NyW1a7wZBXqvFI8UfQGps=w1366-h672-rw

qyDXF01o_YlfpX8ohUuBKCWPzXl4VYOgDpO0VEVbTvmU2IC5bp1BvFjV5NA9JUG_hJ-AuqKlNJiq-j4=w1366-h672-rw

B4TFnRtVxsz_rARqkNxesLC4ToN0fo-zXwKqL1NH1I43DlAuIQX9n2gWfchqANO631HqufFx6nBsqQA=w1366-h672-rw

b_vUHr2nT83rZvRZD_noB3JC-hk4bNaygBj2dm6s7MyrTlPufLKyvxce--1O6H0caxMakKtstZoZpmw=w1366-h672-rw

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B83NgqcNMzasTmIzaDRBN2ZCYzA

Cheers !!!
Very Good Looking , with Neat Layout .. 3cheers.
Should sounding equally good as well!

Will it be available for Preorder soon ?

Excellent work, Aniket. My congrats!!

Perhaps you would present the project in the forum asap. Your design aims, and realization of the same would surely provide new insights to other DIYers looking for a first-rate amp. Do share pcb and kit details at your convenience.

Kudos once again for a "blameless" build!
--UKP

Hello UKP,

The design goals for this amp, I have shared in the starting of this thread. Actually this is not based on Blameless. I have PCB's to spare, and the components also.

Very Good Looking , with Neat Layout .. 3cheers.
Should sounding equally good as well!

Will it be available for Preorder soon ?

Hello drkrack,

I have the PCB's and components in spare.

Regards,
Aniket

Hello Aniket,

Great work!
Simulation, design, layout, component procurement, assembly, testing and sharing.
This is much more than just DIY, its NPI + sharing!
Again, good job!!

Class-A has minimal to no crossover distortion. But it has two pain areas: low efficiency and manual setting of quiescent current. The latter is the case with any discreet design, anyway.

Have you looked into Composite Amplifier Design?
It uses a very low distortion op-amp for the input stage and a chip-amp for the output stage.
The composite amplifier then gets all the good parameters of the op-amp, like the vanishingly low distortion and high input impedance for the input side and all the required parameters like current gain and low output impedance of the chip-amp, for the output side.
So effectively you end up with best of both worlds without the two pain areas mentioned above.

If good number of people here show interest, we can put together something to begin with.

Again, good job with your Class-A build.

Your figures bring back one question I had about Class A.

In typical Class B amps, the GNFB helps to cut distortion. And since the effectiveness of GNFB reduces with frequency, plus some other factors also reduce their effectiveness with frequency, there is a rise in distortion with frequency. Correct me if I'm wrong.

But the primary source of distortion is crossover distortion. And Class A does not have any crossover distortion. Therefore, shouldn't a Class A amp have a flat distortion profile with frequency? Your amp seems to show this, at least in simulation, whereas most other Class A amps I've seen seem to have a rising distortion profile like a Class B amp. Why do they have this profile?

BTW, can you share the schematic of your amp? What OPS devices are you using?

Hello tcpip,

Kindly excuse me if this is answered in earlier posts.

For a given amplifier, the parameter gain- bandwidth product (gain x b.w) is a figure of merit. It does not change with biasing (class-AB, class-A).
So for a given gain, there will be a definite bandwidth that the amplifier will support.
In the audio amplifier, we tend to further limit that b.w using compensation techniques, to limit the noise.
As we reach towards that limit, distortion increases.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Ravindra.

Hello Aniket,

Congratulations on a fantastic looking amp!
I really need to spend more time on the DIY forum here - you guys are rocking.

Look forward to some listening impressions on your amp.

Regards.

Aniket,
Do you see any advantage in a class A amp powered by tracking power supply?

It could reduce consumption drastically and raise efficiency and still be in class A all the time

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back