High Sensitivity 3-Way Dynamic Floorstanders

AudioGugu

I might come across as over demanding here, but from all the reading I've done and the electronics that I plan to own, I feel a pair of High Sensitivity 3-Way Dynamic Floorstanders would best suit my requirement.

Amplification:
I have purchased a Cary Audio AIOS (ALL IN ONE, streamer, DAC, integrated) in the USA and have a family member holding it for me.

Power rating:
2 x 75W RMS in 8 Ω
2 x 125W RMS in 4 Ω

Usage:
I would be using the speakers for movies and music listening but do not want to sacrifice on audio and hence want a balanced dynamic speaker (trying to avoid a separate subwoofer)

The Room:
is sectioned diagonally, measuring 12'x12' (sitting) + 12'x12'(dinning).

Considering the brands that are available in India, I'm thinking Omega, Zu etc won't be easily available + I'm not sure if that configuration will suit my requirement.

I'm open to suggestions, keeping in mind my budget 1.5L ( just may be able to push this a bit further)

Please feel free to share your thoughts and suggestions.
In case more details are required from my end to assist with better suggestions I'll be most happy to furnish them.

Cheers
AG

Get the B&W 603 or the Dynaudio Emit30(not pure 3 way), if you can stretch the budget to 2.5-3L then you have better options.
Otherwise i have heard these 2 & was surprised for their pricing.

Cheers.

AIOS owners know style! Congratulations! Pls train your ears to like horns and buy the most expensive Klipsch that you can afford.

I had paired si-300.2d with B&W and the setup lacked glamour. I have not heard the AIOS but see if you can find analogies online. A Klipsch would add excitement, would pair well and would complement the looks. Cary in-fact "designed a version of SLI-80 to complement Klipsch heritage line". The horns anyway are high efficiency speakers so all your boxes are ticked.

Pls get somebody to audition the pair once. No blind buys pls.

You can try IndiqAudio's 3 Way towers too, their sensitivity is 95 dB+. I have recently got my towers and amp delivered 2 weeks back and I am thoroughly enjoying them to the core. There are many FMs @fLUX , @Dharam` , @Prodigy , @girishtd8262, @SiddharthY who are extremely happy and their reviews helped me to buy IndiqAudio products. Since you are in Bangalore you can carry your amp to their place and check for yourself how they pair and as @eabhishek said, no blind buys. Have heard many FMs have paired them with 8w class A, 20w audio vista, tube amps too. Worth a try!. Here is my review

High Sensitivity 3-Way Dynamic Floorstanders
I cant help with any particular choices but high sensitivity speaker designs requires some serious design implementations and R&D in driver manufacturing. In my uneducated guess, attempts to make high sensitivity speakers by stiff lighter cones and voice coils etc. results in compromises in frequency and dispersion response. But that can also be OK if one likes over all sound quality across various genres of music.
Regards.

Why bother spending 1.5L ? These will make most of the 3 way floorstanders run for a cover:

These are the highest selling speakers ever (Originally, the Legendary Dynaco A25), in the history of audio.
@yogibear thanks for the suggestion, but I just don't trust myself with building something out if a kit + I only get to listen to it after I've bought it, which is quite a risky proposition + 2 way.
If you think of anything else, keep shooting.
Cheers

Zu audio are fantastic speakers. I have auditioned them just once though. It's the look that stayed with me. Great looking country style speakers. My bad for stressing on the cosmetics alone. However, aren't they a tad bass shy? I remember reading that somewhere.

I cant help with any particular choices but high sensitivity speaker designs requires some serious design implementations and R&D in driver manufacturing. In my uneducated guess, attempts to make high sensitivity speakers by stiff lighter cones and voice coils etc. results in compromises in frequency and dispersion response. But that can also be OK if one likes over all sound quality across various genres of music.
Regards.
Thanks Hiten, your opinion is most welcome. I haven't heard many speakers and hence my knowledge is only limited to the articles I read and the videos I watch.
My requirement stems from my online education that tells me 75 Watts @ 8 ohms just a'int enough power to bring out the best in speakers rated at ~<88 db efficiency.

That said, I have to admit that I already know the biggest problem is my room and there's not much I can do about it :(

Thanks Hiten, your opinion is most welcome. I haven't heard many speakers and hence my knowledge is only limited to the articles I read and the videos I watch.
My requirement stems from my online education that tells me 75 Watts @ 8 ohms just a'int enough power to bring out the best in speakers rated at ~<88 db efficiency.

That said, I have to admit that I already know the biggest problem is my room and there's not much I can do about it :(
well if you go to see then 75 Watts won't be enough for any Dynamic 3 way floor stander, as the bass drivers will take most of the current.

Yes speaker sensitivity will play a role but u won't notice a difference in the real world from a 88db to 90db speaker.

Your best beat is stand mounts for this amp.

Cheers.

I might come across as over demanding here, but from all the reading I've done and the electronics that I plan to own, I feel a pair of High Sensitivity 3-Way Dynamic Floorstanders would best suit my requirement.

Amplification:
I have purchased a Cary Audio AIOS (ALL IN ONE, streamer, DAC, integrated) in the USA and have a family member holding it for me.

Power rating:
2 x 75W RMS in 8 Ω
2 x 125W RMS in 4 Ω

Usage:
I would be using the speakers for movies and music listening but do not want to sacrifice on audio and hence want a balanced dynamic speaker (trying to avoid a separate subwoofer)

The Room:
is sectioned diagonally, measuring 12'x12' (sitting) + 12'x12'(dinning).

Considering the brands that are available in India, I'm thinking Omega, Zu etc won't be easily available + I'm not sure if that configuration will suit my requirement.

I'm open to suggestions, keeping in mind my budget 1.5L ( just may be able to push this a bit further)

Please feel free to share your thoughts and suggestions.
In case more details are required from my end to assist with better suggestions I'll be most happy to furnish them.

Cheers
AG

An ideal match for the Cary AIOS is a Q Acoustic Concept 40.

An ideal match for the Cary AIOS is a Q Acoustic Concept 40.

I've heard the 3050i but not concept series. I felt the 3050i speakers lacked bass, sounded extremely sharp and fatiguing. Ofcourse on that day, this could have been the electronics.

That said, I appreciate your suggestion, I will try and get a demo.
Cheers

I've heard the 3050i but not concept series. I felt the 3050i speakers lacked bass, sounded extremely sharp and fatiguing. Ofcourse on that day, this could have been the electronics.

That said, I appreciate your suggestion, I will try and get a demo.
Cheers

The 3050i and Concept are very different from each other and I'm sure you'll appreciate the Concept's sound signature over the 3050i. Another option is the Wharfedale Linton Heritage. The Tannoy XT6F if a NOS could be found will also be a great match , a slightly exciting & dynamic a match I would say over the two smooth contenders I mentioned above.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back