Highest driveable speakers by Denon 1913???

tanmayj

Hi,

I have a friend who saw a steal deal on a Denon 1913 and is picking it up. Now it drives 90W per channel @ 8 Ohms 20Hz-20KHz.

Which is the largest speaker across vendors that this Amp can drive? Please suggest from Polk, Wharfe, Jamo or any other. He has a huge living + dining room, but the targetted sound field of these speakers (distance between the TV/ fronts and the couch) would be about 15-18 feet square. So I'd expect him to drive these speakers quite loud (70% volume approx).

I have a Polk TSi 400 paired with an Onkyo 616, which my friend really liked.

Can the 1913 drive a pair of TSi 400s? Or should I be looking at the TSi 300? Should I be looking at 6 Ohm speakers from other vendors like Wharfe etc. so that I'll get higher wattage per channel from the Amp? Or 8 Ohm speakers from Polk are fine because of the higher sensitivity?

I am not an expert at these things but from what I understand is higher wattage at 6 ohms means nothing. What matters is the sensitivity of the speakers. For instance, a 1db of increase in sensitivity, say from 89db to 90db, is not just a marginal increase - it is quite a significant increase. As far as what speakers to match an amp, the norm seems to be that the speakers should be rated below the capability of the amp. So considering 8 ohms, if the amp is rated at 90W rms per channel, the speakers should be capable of 80W at the same impedence. This is as far as I have read.

Hi,

I have a friend who saw a steal deal on a Denon 1913 and is picking it up. Now it drives 90W per channel @ 8 Ohms 20Hz-20KHz.

Which is the largest speaker across vendors that this Amp can drive? Please suggest from Polk, Wharfe, Jamo or any other. He has a huge living + dining room, but the targetted sound field of these speakers (distance between the TV/ fronts and the couch) would be about 15-18 feet square. So I'd expect him to drive these speakers quite loud (70% volume approx).

I have a Polk TSi 400 paired with an Onkyo 616, which my friend really liked.

Can the 1913 drive a pair of TSi 400s? Or should I be looking at the TSi 300? Should I be looking at 6 Ohm speakers from other vendors like Wharfe etc. so that I'll get higher wattage per channel from the Amp? Or 8 Ohm speakers from Polk are fine because of the higher sensitivity?

As @just4kix mentioned, sensitivity of the speakers is what matters.... If polk TSi 400 is around 90db, then the AVR can drive it easily...

If the room is huge, you can look @ adding 2 subwoofers rather than one....

Whats your friend's usuage pattern... If he is more into movies, then skip the FS & look for a booskhelf....

If you friend likes movies, can live with 2.1 stereo, take a look @ Sonodyne Avant 150/ LCR250 BS speakers.....

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back