Hip Hop/Rap

Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill is a classic album.
Boogie Down Productions - Different kind of hip hop. Deals with socially relevant issues and not the usual guns, girls, money, sex, shooting, killing, etc. Excellent IMHO.
KRS-ONE - Same as above... used to record as Boogie Down Productions, now as KRS-ONE.
Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back & Fear of a Black Planet are classics and a must in any rap/hip hop collection.
Eric B. & Rakim - Rakim is considered the greatest MC by many. Both Paid in Full & Follow the Leader are a must.
Ice T - Not considered a great but his Original Gangster album is a classic nevertheless.
The Notorious Big - Only made 2 albums before death but both are great - Ready To Die & Life After Death.
2PAc or Tupac - Considered by many as the best (usually people are divided between him, Rakim, KRS-ONE & Eminem) - Can start with his Greatest Hits.
Eminem - Another great... start with Curtain Call: The Hits.
Wu-Tang Clan - Filled with individual superstars. You can also check out individual albums by members like GZA, Raekwon. Personally I don't listen to them as they use way too many expletives.
Jay-Z - The Blueprint is what started everything for him.
Kanye West - Love him... have all his albums.
Run-DMC - The guys who started it all. Get their Greatest Hits at the least.
Fugees - Greatest Hits.
The Black Eyed Peas - Another personal favorite and I have all of their albums.
Nas - Illmatic is considered the best/greatest hip hop album of all time. Most of Nas' followup work has been average so stick with this album and Greatest Hits if you want to explore the rest of his work.
N.W.A - Members include Ice Cube & Dr. Dre both of who went to become superstars. Greatest Hits album or their most famous/landmark album Straight Outta Compton.

I remember these off the top of my head.

Used to like...

Run DMC - Its like that
Mark Morrison - Return of the mack
House of Pain - Jump around
Coolio - 1 2 3 4
Tag Team - Whoomp there it is
dr. dre - keep their heads ringin
Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice baby
Ice Cube - Check yo self
Snow - Lonely monday morning, runway, girl I've been hurt,
Sugarhill Gang - rappers delight

Regards

I listen to everything that my ears like. In the world of Music I feel lost, but I read somewhere Not all those who wander are lost.. :) Though in french with few songs in english was listening to Edith Piaf few days back.

Never met another person who liked it...
Hee hee. Will take that as a compliment.

Regards

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back