Speakers around 15 to 20k thats currently available.

Nev

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to set up my first speaker system in the 15 to 20k range, primarily for enjoying music (pop/hip-hop/rap/rock/indie) on Spotify from either my laptop or phone.

I've been considering the following Edifier models:

1. Edifier R1855DB (17k)
2. Edifier ED-R1700BTS(18k)
3. Edifier Mr4(10-11k)

However, I've noticed that these Edifier models weren't highly appreciated in previous posts. Unfortunately, the suggested hivi speakers are currently unavailable, and the passive setup with Micca MB42X and AIYIMA T9 PRO is beyond my budget(22,800+14,800).

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to set up my first speaker system in the 15 to 20k range, primarily for enjoying music (pop/hip-hop/rap/rock/indie) on Spotify from either my laptop or phone.

1. Edifier R1855DB (17k)
3. Edifier Mr4(10-11k)

However, I've noticed that these Edifier models weren't highly appreciated in previous posts. Unfortunately, the suggested hivi speakers are currently unavailable, and the passive setup with Micca MB42X and AIYIMA T9 PRO is beyond my budget(22,800+14,800).

check Hifimart.you can see mission speakers

Hello everyone,

1. Edifier R1855DB (17k)
3. Edifier Mr4(10-11k)

Please try used speaker in your budget , will get better one

Do you know if its better than the said Edifier models?
A couple of people in the forum who had owned a pair of Swans vouched for them, and regarded them highly. Forget their names, though.

Do also look at the JBL LSR305s, though they have been discontinued. Might even be discounts now.

All said, you would want to add a sub later for your music preferences.

All the best.

A couple of people in the forum who had owned a pair of Swans vouched for them, and regarded them highly. Forget their names, though.

Do also look at the JBL LSR305s, though they have been discontinued. Might even be discounts now.

All said, you would want to add a sub later for your music preferences.

All the best.
I had the Swans M50W (2.1, excellent reviews everywhere) I had them for few years, barely used them as they sounded weird (bass sounded like it was coming from a different box) which it was so the sub did not blend with the vocals/highs/mids. Eventually I gave it to my bro and the volume knob on it went bad, beyond repair, had to throw them away! Got Kali Audio LP6 (2.0) and the sound is amazing! So good that my quest for "PC speakers" ended! I don't even miss the sub. I had to tone these down to reduce bass. Whatever your budget is try to get monitors not PC speakers.
JBL LS305ii and a decent dac will set you for decades IMO. No sub needed!

A TRS DAC like this

It exceeds your budget, but this will prolly all you will need as "PC Speakers."

This one is good too.

Amazon & Bajaao have several active studio monitors (presonus, mackie, m-audio, jbl etc) in this price range.

Soundking & DiyAudioCart have readymade and passive speaker kits. Pare them with a classD amp and you are good to go.

Check them out. Hope someone more experienced can contribute more on these options.

I owned Edifier R1855DB and would not recommend for music at all. If you are looking for hifi, please go with stereo amp and good pair of passive bookshelf's to get started with.

Consider used speakers route if your budget is less. Wait until you save up to get a decent system with bookshelf's and upgrade to tower's later.

The sound quality of edifier's is no where close to a proper hifi system.

My choice would be Aiyima D03 which is also available in HIFI mart for 12000/-. Has plethora of inputs(RCA,COAX,Optical, USB,Bluetooth) and a sub woofer output for later addition. The output (around 45 wpc at 8 ohms)is sufficient for middle size rooms. You can try with pre owned good quality speakers(around 10-15000) if you are tight on budget and later upgrade. I am using with vintage tower speakers and also with Infinity bookshelves in a big room. Excellent value for money.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back